1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

free jam tracks for us bass players

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by nickonbass, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ThisWayUp

ThisWayUp

May 2, 2009
    Hi

Thank you for taking the time to put these up - they have really helped me, and no doubt plenty of other folks. Nicely recorded and really useable.
    Good luck

aL

2. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Thanks aL and you're welcome.

I have a bunch of tracks to put up on the site to help with modes and studying scales - I think people will get a fair bit out of them. Just gotta get the time to put them up - should be soon.

Then I'm planing to go through the tracks that are up there already and tab out some stuff/suggestions and a bit more theory. I get a lot of requests for that - just as a guide, especially from beginner players.

Cheers,
    Nick.

3. Asher S

Asher S

Jan 31, 2008
    MA
    These are great- thanks Nick.

I posted a more crude version of 12-bar blues in all keys, with and without basslines, a little while back. I'll re-post the link here, but I think your tracks are better:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534909

Thanks

Asher

4. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Cool Asher - yeah, that's a really great idea to have done them in all keys. I have meant to do that but I always go off on tangents when I play music, discipline and structure is not one of my strong points.

Cheers,
    Nick.

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Since the subscription business model fell through, I suggest that putting ads wherever they will be seen the most is your prerogative. Money is what makes business go round and you're entitled to make enough to keep things going.

BTW, kudos on everything you've done.

6. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Thanks Stumbo.

It's all a learning process so it's all good.

Although we live in a society that focuses on the dollar (and I'd love an L series P bass - haha) - nothing can compete with getting an email from someone I don't know who lives on the other side of the planet to me who says that the tracks have really helped them and their playing.

You (any of us) can't compete with being able to share music with others. Especially for the people who teach (which there are so many on here who do) - whether it be in person or taking a bit of time out to patiently explain something over the tb forum.

We all experience it - we give it and we receive it. I don't think anything beats it - it's a big part of why I play. To learn and to share/teach.

One of my favorite bass players on the planet, Todd Smallie from the Derek Trucks Band came to my town a few months ago. By chance I ran into him - I stopped him to chat and we shot the breeze for a good 10-15 minutes.

You can't compete with that type of thing.

I think we all owe it to one another, as well as ourselves, to just get out there and play and share music. Regardless of any money we may or may not gain from it.

Play for the love of it man - anything else is a bonus. :hyper:

(now when will I get that L series bass - haha)

:cool:

7. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    how can you download them to put them on your mp3 or stuff?

8. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    btw are there some drums only tracks in there too?

9. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Hi Josboek,

If you are a bass player you can go into each of the pages under the heading 'bass' from the main page: http://www.freejamtracks.com/

eg - go to the blue tracks page for bass players:
    http://www.freejamtracks.com/play-bass-blues-01.html

The tracks for bass players I record with drums and guitar only - ie you play the bass.

You can hear me playing bass (if you want an example bass line) by listening the the tracks on the guitar pages, as they are the same tracks but recorded with guitar, bass and drums.

The tracks on the drums pages are guitar and bass only - ie for drummers to jam along with.

From each page you can download the tracks free in both mp3 & wma formats. mp3 is the most universal - so they can go on an ipod or you can burn them to cd or whatever.

Hope that helps.

Nick

10. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    but when i press mp3 it goes to another page, and there are no files with just drums? thx

11. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Right click on mp3 (or wma) to select save as.

Save the file to your computer and then it's time to rock n roll!

There are NO tracks with just drums.

The bass tracks have guitar and drums and NO BASS.

If you want to have drums only, book me a ticket to Belgium and I will come to your house for a jam. :hyper:

12. josbroek

josbroek

Jan 22, 2009
    belgium
    im low on cash so forget the ticket :p thx for the help ;)

13. Mo' Bass 00

Mo' Bass 00

Aug 15, 2006
    Hi Nick, I sent you an email about my membership, thanks for making your site!

regards, Glenn

14. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    All cool Glenn, thanks for your email. Any more hassles just let me know.

No problem josbroek and we'll leave the jam in Belgium for another day!

15. Electric_Spank

Electric_Spank

Jan 20, 2009
    /sticky this bad boy.

16. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Yeah mod dudes, make this bad boy a sticky!

hahaha - don't worry Electric Spank, I am the kind of person that gets refused entry to clubs until my band tells the bouncers that I'm part of the show! I'm used to not being admitted.

I think the mods didn't like the fact that I tried to do the members bit etc etc. Fair enough - this board is not meant to be for peoples commercial gain and I am all for that/agree with that stance totally.

It's all cool man.

17. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Jam tracks to practice modes:

http://www.freejamtracks.com/play-bass-modes.html

I recorded these a little while ago. There is another thread going on modes so I thought I better get my act together and put them up on the site.

They are fairly boring tracks to jam along with - but I'm sure some people will get something out of them.

Cheers,
    Nick.

18. afromoose

afromoose Guest

Cool , thanks!

19. Nick,

Just stumbled across your great jamtracks site. Having just gotten back into bass playing, this is a wonderful tool! Along with everyone else in this thread, let me say thanks for your time and effort!

FYI, I noticed that tracks 1 through 6 are missing on the bass Blues01 page at:

http://www.freejamtracks.com/play-bass-blues-01.html

Guess I'll have to use the guitar version and ignore your bass playing ;)

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Bill Erickson

20. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    You're welcome afromoose.

Bill - yeah - tracks 1-6 aren't on the blues bass pages cause when I first started the website it was just for guitar. ie the first 6 tracks were with bass. Then I started taking off the bass each time I recorded - ie track 7 onwards. And then again much later taking off the drums for drummers.

I wanted to take the bass off tracks 1-6 and all the ones for drummers but I upgraded the multi-track I had and the backups weren't compatible with the upgraded version. I gave the old multi-track to a friend and it died on them. So the old tracks I never got to take the bass off.

However - hopefully there are enough there for you anyways. :)

And yeah - just ignore the bass playing anyways.

Cheers,
    Nick.