1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

free jam tracks for us bass players

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by nickonbass, Jun 8, 2008.

1. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    subscribed!

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Let's give' er a worthwhile bump.

3. Gallant Reflex

Gallant Reflex

Dec 1, 2007
    Thanks. Very nice

4. wittynamehere

wittynamehere Guest

May 11, 2009
    Just found this, It's just what I was looking for thanks so much for recording them and posting them!

5. guitarmv

guitarmv

Oct 26, 2009
    Just found your site, excellent info & tracks, thanks!

6. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    No problem for the info. Thanks for the kind comments.

Far out I have just spent ALL DAY (Sunday) trying to write out everything I know/have learned/worked out on the modes. I've been meaning to do this for a LONG time but knew I'd get caught up in it. I like thinking about this type of stuff but it's also very tedious.

To try and explain music from my head by writing it out is really tough. It's like 15 years of information on paper. You can't really do it.

Anyway - I've done it!

So here you go, I know it's LONG WINDED and laborious but this is one mans (ie mine) perception of music, how I have taught myself to break it down and all the rest of it.

http://www.freejamtracks.com/modes-pentatonic-and-blues-scales.html

I'm self taught so if you don't like what you read, SEND ME TO BERKLEE!

:)

Jam on,
    Nick.

7. nick

your efforts are very well spent, heres at least a dozen bass players who are thankful for your website

thank you berry much

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Thannks man! Good karma coming your way!

9. is it possible to make a motion to make this a sticky? i think this is definitely a thread that should be remembered

10. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Yeah, it'd be good if it was made a sticky.

This post was taken down for a while. I think cause I tried to add a members section to the site at one point - so it was deemed a commercial posting. But the members bit didn't last too long - there was no point to it - the site pretty much just runs on positive feedback.

11. hry_glb

hry_glb

Jun 14, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Definitely a gem, thank you!

Edit: And Oh, I read your article about modes, I can say it might be the easiest to understand writing about &#^@*#)@ modes online lol. Now learning...

12. nickonbass

nickonbass

Jun 8, 2008
    Thanks hry glb - I really appreciate the compliment.

It took my entire Sunday to write it all out and when I posted it I thought, 'hmmm, I wonder if this'll make sense to anyone or is it only clear in my head.'

I've had some good comments from you and a few people I've shown so that's been really good. There is a lot more stuff I have to write out and put up on the site so the comments are all fuel to motivate me to get stuck into it and put the stuff up there.

Plus I gotta put up some bass lines for each track and so on (and explain why I'm playin' stuff) so people have a starting point that they can take further themselves.

Rock on Seattle.

Nick.

13. jwstoker

jwstoker

Nov 30, 2007
    the Netherlands
    thnx Nikon!

I bought a Tascam GTR1 yesterday and guess what tracks are on it right now ;)
    Thnx a lot for your effort to do this!!

14. Skramble

Skramble

Jun 16, 2010
    Been said many times by other posters, but here it goes again.

Thank You for the time and effort you put into the tracks. Found, bookmarked, and messed around a bit today

15. can we get a sticky on this?

16. monroe55

monroe55

Mar 17, 2009
    bump

17. wemmick

wemmick

May 23, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Best bump ever. This should definitely be made sticky.

18. Extremely cool of you to provide this! I think you've secured your place in bass players' heaven.

Thanks a bunch, bro!

19. fervezas

fervezas

Aug 13, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    It looks pretty awesome so I´m gonna give you a shot when I come back home. Of course I´ll give you my feedback.

But anyways thanks a lot for be so altruist!

20. numptydumpty

numptydumpty

Jan 8, 2010
    Bookmarked Bump