1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Free Kolstein tailpiece!

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Jeff Bollbach, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I know I'm not supposed to post here bein' all commercial and stuff but Chris said I could. One Kolstein tunable select ebony slightly used tailpiece, tailwire included. 15 and 3/4 inches long. Free to first TB supporting member in the continental US willing to paypal me 10 bucks shipping and handling. This is from a bass I put a Pecanic tp on. The player asked me if I could use it and I said I would put it up for adoption on TB. This is a big hunk of ebony! Suitable for quieting up a brash bass and/or for clubbing baby seals. Pic on Kolstein website.

2. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City

LOL

That's an expensive way to make fur coats! But I bet those would be far better than traditional wood/metal baseball bat made coats, you know how ebony makes everything better.

3. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    "If someone doesn't come down and buy a car within the next 30 minutes, I'm gonna club this baby seal."

4. BGreaney

BGreaney Guest

Mar 7, 2005
    Not only did I club baby seals with it when it was in my posession, but I also found it easily removable (with a sledge hammer and bolt cutters) to be used as a weapon aimed at those pesky arrogant principal bassists, lame conductors and stand partners named EFischer

p.s.- i find in lieu of tailpiece beatings, a cake of rosin placed strategically on a stool while someone is briefly standing does wonders to lighten the mood of a rehearsal...or cause someone to hate you more than anything...

5. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Tp has a new home. No more inquiries please, but jokes may continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.