Free Music Download Sites

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Oct 28, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Asking - Do you know of, or use, any free music download sites that you think are worthwhile??? (I don't mean "free trial sites).

I use a cable connection, so download times shouldn't be a problem. was reco'd to me the other night. I took a look at it and the user reviews seemed pretty bad.....(well, the guy who told me about it is a drummer. so........ ;) ).

Thanks in advance for any reco's!
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    My daughter downloaded Morpheus and my PC died shortly after. When I got the new processor fitted there was a virus on my machine. I don't believein coincidence.

We now use Win MX in conjunction with Zone Alarm firewall.

BTW We use it to download 'new music' and then buy the album if we like it. Examples of albums bought recently

Hundred Reasons
    Vex Red
    Incubus-morning view and science
  3. I use KazaaLite ( It works, d/l times are usually good for me (cable) but I've heard that you can get viruses from it. I've been using it since May and that hasn't happened yet, so I don't know how big a risk it is.

[EDIT] I have ZoneAlarm on 24/7 so that might have helped.
  4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

You all have brought up a good issue that really bothered me as I began looking at some free musicdownload sites - viruses!

My Norton Anti-Virus protection popped up twice warning about infected files when I was checking some sites out. I got antsy and quit looking around.