1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Free Music Lessons with JEFF BERLIN

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Rick Robins, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Rick Robins

Rick Robins

Jan 13, 2010
    NEPA
    Not looking to start a debate just sharing (links) to good information from a guy I find to be a true master of his instrument & an excellent, passionate, no bull crap- instructor.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1CFAFDF04A579259&feature=plcp

Also I started a Facebook Group for those who would like to take advantage of handwritten lessons Jeff posts semi regularly on his personal FB & PSOM FB pages. I think I have the settings right, it is an open group. If interested & you have a FB account you are welcome to join. Jeff is an admin so if you have a question about a lesson I am sure he will answer as he does on his other pages.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/339022342807755/

2. Sparks55

Sparks55

Feb 22, 2009
    B'more North, MD
    This may be the one thing that makes me start a personal Facebook account....... thanks for the notice!
    Mark

3. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
  4. Rick Robins

Rick Robins

Jan 13, 2010
    NEPA
  5. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Good stuff! He's also doing Skype lessons. I'm upgrading my computer next month and then I'm going to take a series of lessons with him. I'll keep you all posted on how that goes.

6. Rick Robins

Rick Robins

Jan 13, 2010
    NEPA
    Roy, That is cool! I took one to date & want to do so once per fiscal quarter. As he has stated in most his written statements in the past, he identified my strong points & then my weak points in less than 5 minutes. He gave me about 5 detailed things to work on that address the weak points & even a few to make my strong points stronger. As he always says take the lessons & do them in all keys, so that's a lot of stuff for one 1 hour lesson.

7. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Jeff was kind enough to offer me a free lesson a few weeks back and I'm really looking forward to taking him up on that as soon as I get to my summer break and can get the most benefit out of it with some hard work afterwards.

8. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    I did the one week intensive back in late April. Incredible. I am still working on everything from that week. I also follow his lesson of the day on facebook. Everyone should take advantage of all of this.

9. Rick Robins

Rick Robins

Jan 13, 2010
    NEPA
    Once again for those who may be interested. In addition to his YouTube Video Lesson series & Facebook "Lesson of the Day", over the past few Fridays Jeff has been offering live Q&A/Lessons through Twitter & Twitcam.

This weeks will happen Friday, August 31th, at 1:00 PM EST. This is a FREE CLASS!

All you need is a computer and a Twitter Account. Then go to the link below. Also at the link below previous sessions are logged for viewing.

This weeks will happen Friday, August 31th, at 1:00 PM EST. This is a FREE CLASS!

All you need is a computer and a Twitter Account. Then go to the link below. Also at the link below previous sessions are logged for viewing.

http://twitcam.livestream.com/user/ThePlayerSchool

If the link above fails, anytime between 9 am to 1 pm Est on that date go here & you will find a link to the upcoming live session;
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-PLAYERS-SCHOOL-OF-MUSIC/8777994111?ref=ts

10. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    How much does he charge?! :eek:

11. Rick Robins

Rick Robins

Jan 13, 2010
    NEPA