1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FREE RIGHT NOW! HardWire HT6 FastTune app for iOS

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by kenstee, Jan 20, 2012.

1. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    IT'S BACK TO $4.95 SUSPECT IT WAS A DEAL DURING NAMM

This new tuner is supposed to be released in February for $4.95 - BUT - I just checked the iTunes Store and right now it is [DEL]not only[/DEL] there [DEL]BUT it's also FREE! That's right...FREE! [/DEL]For iPhone and iPad!

[DEL]A mistake? Who knows? But, act on this right now.[/DEL]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HARMAN’s HardWire today announced the introduction of its HT6 FastTuneTuner app for iPod, iPhone and iPad. The HT6 FastTune app enables those devices to function as a polyphonic tuner, letting guitar and bass players tune all their strings at once.

The HT6 FastTuneTuner app is based on the popular HardWire HT-6 Polyphonic Tuner floor pedal, which makes tuning instruments faster and easier by allowing the musician to simply strum all the strings at once, and view the display to see which strings are in or out of tune. The app works using the iPod, iPhone or iPad mic input, and it can also operate by plugging an instrument into the device’s headphone input or 30-pin connection. The FastTune app can be used with a guitar or four, five or six string bass.

The HT6 FastTuneTuner app provides an immediate visual indication of which strings are in tune, sharp or flat, and its display can be set to either polyphonic mode, or chromatic tuning mode if desired. The app offers automatic capo detection – it senses if a guitarist has a capo on the neck and adjusts the display to tune to the correct chord. Adding to its appeal, the app offers a Drop-D tuning mode for users of this popular alternate setting.

The HardWire HT6 FastTune app for iOS will be available in February 2012 from the iTunes Store for $4.99.

2. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks!

3. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix When the music's over, turn out the lights... Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
    I'm sure you iPhone guys like it, but a lot of us have Droids. Too bad they think everyone likes/owns an iPhone.

4. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Droids? Like Star Wars? :bag:

Thanks kenstee; downloaded.

5. j_romero

j_romero

Nov 22, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the headups.

6. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Thanks, shame I already spent a whopping 99cents on the Polytune, but downloading it anyway

7. Hactar

Hactar

Sep 25, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Seems like it must be a mistake.

8. Epidrake

Epidrake

May 24, 2011
    Thanks, they probably want some 4 star comments to get them started!

9. Brubass

Brubass

Jul 17, 2009
    Ridgefield, CT
    Awesome thanks!

10. thanks for posting - cant beat the price either !

11. Thanks! Just got it... its still free.

12. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Thanks again. Still free.

13. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    thank-you!

14. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Made with slave labor and love. See that piece about how the Chinese factory workers are forced to live in dormitories that have nets outside of them since so many commit suicide? Of course the Droid manufacture might be the same.

Definitely worth the 99c, if it's still that, for Polytune since it works much better with an amplified bass through a phone mic than FastTune...but you can't beat free

15. Downloading it now. Still free. Will check it out.

16. Thanks! DL'ed, still free. Takes the sting out of missing out on the free Polytune app.

17. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

Shows for $4.99 this morning on the Canadian app store. I snooze, I lose, I guess.

Still prefer the enhanced accuracy of the Peterson app, though. At 30x the accuracy of a typical Boss or Korg tuner, it's even better than my Turbo Tuner.

I find the extra accuracy matters when playing live. With a normal tuner, the display will indicate that you're perfectly in tune when you're already close to a half-cent sharp or flat. As soon as your tuning drifts another fraction of a cent, it starts to sound noticeably off. My Planet Waves pedal was the worst for this. It would show tuner lock, when I could still hear that it was out.

Thanks to the enhanced accuracy of the Peterson and Turbo tuners, you start out closer to the exact pitch. This means that your tuning can drift quite a bit more before it's audibly out of tune, and makes it seem like your tunings are lasting longer.

18. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    It's back to $4.95........