1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Free string prototypes

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Francois Blais, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Hi.
    LaBella has given several prototypes sets of a new string to Ken Smith to get his comments and suggestions.
    They agreed that Ken give them for free to people here.

Please contact Ken to ask for your set.
    He'll ship them UPS, within the US only.

However, we'd like to give the absolute priority to people who can't afford to buy strings; students, members with very low budget, etc.

I trust you'll respect that principle, guys and gals.

For those who'll get strings: please forward your comments on them to LaBella. They'll appreciate!

Best regards,
    François
    TB mod

2. Justin K-ski

Justin K-ski

May 13, 2005
    Are these primarily orco or pizz strings?

3. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    They are working on better Arco strings. Although these are better than the 7720s (steel) for bowing they still have a way to go. These were 'whipped up' in just a few days with only basic specs given. It is not easy to make and compete with the better bowing class strings on the market but I have asked them to give it a try.

Each of the sets I have are actually different. No two sets are the alike in sound or construction. They are just the first few proto types. Rather than throw them away, I have aske Labella if I can give them away here on TB to the 'needy'.

4. KSB - Ken Smith

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    One or two sets left for now.. sry

5. KSB - Ken Smith

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Going home now. Still waiting for one or two more emails with names and addresses. PMs do not work for this. I will post the lucky recievers tomorrow when I get in and check my Emails.

6. Thanks a lot for this Ken.
    This is very appreciated!

Best regards to you,
    François

7. KSB - Ken Smith

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    You guys are tough. Only 4 responses for Four sets. Or, just letting the needy take first pic. Thats a kind gesture..

Wanna know who gets them? I can make a list here if Francois lets me.

These 4 sets are now going to new homes. Only 1 or 2 strings from each set were tested for no more than a few minutes each just the get a first impression. The three recieved recently were tested on a Corsini model Bass. The 4th was sent a few months ago to try and did that test with my Loveri

Enjoy.. happy holidays...

If I have more in the future, I will do the same..

8. Great!
    Thanks!
    I'd rather keep that anonymous Ken.
    It does not matter, as far as I'm concerned.
    Again big thanks for the gesture Ken, and of course to LaBella too!

Best regards,
    François