Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Free Strings from Hartke

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Nov 19, 2003.

1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Check out the latest Bass Player for a free giveaway. Only costs $3 for shipping/handling. Don't know if they're any good but how can you lose?!:cool:

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    At the very least, the set will be a bargain for a backup gigbag set.

Of course, I don't think Hartke is giving them away with the hopes that they'll sit in a gig bag. :D

3. NV43345

NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Quote : At the very least, the set will be a bargain for a backup gigbag set.

Of course, I don't think Hartke is giving them away with the hopes that they'll sit in a gig bag.

That is what I am going to do with them. I am going to get the 5 string set.Chances are there
    a name brand string,I saw a thread once and it
    said there are only a few companies that make the strings for everyone else.Private labeling.

4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Hmm, I wonder what aluminum strings sound like. :p

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, playing strictly four string basses I opted for the five string set anyway. Figure might as well get more metal for my $3.00.

Even if the strings are crap, if Hartke pulls in one customer out of every twenty who try, thats a major butt-load of new customers! This is marketing genious (not only offering them, but using the entire back cover of Bass Player to advertise them!) IMO, even if they suck horribly, I'll keep em on for a while. Not like I'm hitting the studio anytime soon.

6. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    They sent a set here to the store. I strung up a Peavey Grind 4 string, and I am very impressed. They are bright, which I like, feel good, and are not too stiff. If I wasn't such a die hard GHS fan, I might would switch. Just my $.02

7. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Who is making them for Hartke? I'm just guessing that they aren't making their own strings, right? I think that I should try a set out!

8. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I would bet a buck that they're most likely made
    by GHS or D'Addario, unless they've just spent
    a truckload of money to start a string factory..
    Doubtful...

slug.

9. Free stuff? I'm so there...
    But do I have to buy the copy of BP, or can I get this offer on the web?

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Pretty sure you have to buy it. Haven't seen anything regarding Hartke strings anywhere on the internet.

11. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
  12. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Yes, but the link to the required .PDF file is dead.

13. TheBassmeister

TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I buy Bass Player from the newsstands, but I dont think I've gotten the newest edition. The link to the .pdf file is dead, and I'm wanting to let my roommate in on this offer. Is there anyone who would send me a copy of the form in the email? My email is bassmeister@austin.rr.com .

14. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    Sorry. The link worked fine for me the other day. Just sent the file to your posted email address. You can return the favor and email it on to anyone else that post here asking for it. :D

15. fenbull

fenbull

Oct 31, 2003
    Akron ohio
  16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Treena

17. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements