Free VST auto-tuners?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dudemeister, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Does anybody know where to find a free auto-tuner for Emagic Logic Audio?
    I've found a really crappy vocoder that i've played with a bit but it only sounds like som boy in his puberty who has been consuming vast amounts of wisky and cigarettes for for the last fifty years.
    And by the way, what is the exact differance between an autotuner and a vocoder?
    As I understand the vocoder uses to different signals, one for pitch and one for the sound and then merges them together some how, and the auto-tuner... well "auto-tunes".

Thanks dudes and dudettes!
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany,,sid9_gci213626,00.html

This is the only decent autotune plugin I know - but it's not free.

Antares Autotune 3.06

Please, don't do those "cher-vocoder" vocals - that's been overdone sooooo much......
  3. Hehe, stay calm, I won't. I don't really need an auto-tuner, I just wanted to play around with one a bit. That's why need a free one.:)

Thanks anyway for the links!
  4. Try searching for it on WinMX or Kazzaa.... or a Warez hack site..

Its out there for free somewhere.

5. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    At least the Antares plug-in is quite widely spread over the net. Shouldn't be too much of an effort to find a working copy.
  6. I found a trial version of the Antares Autotuner. It's hillarious! You can do some really weird stuff with this plugin.

...I wonder if it could be used to fake fretted basses with a frettless somehow...;)