Free web pages?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cb56, Mar 14, 2001.

1. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    OK. I did a search on this and didn't find anything useful. My current band's web page is on Earthlink. $20 bucks a month and speedy. Well that band is breaking up and I would like to find a freebie for my new band. I've tried Geocities, loads way too slow. I've tried Indie group, loads a little faster but every other time I get on it it locks up my computer (same comment from many friends that have used indiegroup). I know there are a million places to get free web pages, so what I'm asking is has anybody found one that works really good. I'm not talking anything fancy just some photos, text and hyperlinks. Am I asking too much for free? Should I just fork out the $20 a month and use it for a tax write off?
  2. Hey, check out Great site. Free pages. You can either use that beginner web page maker crap or HTML. I've been all over the web, and angelfire is the best.
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks fleabass89,
    I uploaded my pages to angelfire and it works alot better than the others. Now I just have to find a way around the 10 mile long web page address. I didn't see anything in their faq or help about purchasing a domain name and pointing it at the free pages. Maybe I'll just give people our address which is easier to remember and put a link to the angelfire page from it. THANKS AGAIN!
  4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    try a redirect service like mine. just type in "" into your browser, should get you what you need
  5. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Hey thanks Pacman,
    I didn't know something like that was available!
    I just registered

pretty cool!!!
  6. looks cool....

and how 'bout "chris and his rockin' bandmates!" for a band name? ;)
  7. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks The_Bass,
    and the rest for your help. I tried to get on and it kept timing out on me.
    anyway I noticed your web page had a banner. Not using it? I'll try again later. As you could tell our next move is a band name. If you have any suggestions put 'em on our web page. If we pick your suggestion you'll get a free T-Shirt (big deal huh)
    Thanks again.
  8. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

I use to avoid having the angelfire banners. is another one with no banners and more space than virtue (I didn't find out about it until after I'd already done the virtue setup).

I like the direct ftp to angelfire but didn't like the banners.
  9. oh, yeah... my webpage isn´t on freespeech, I paid for the domain (, I think it´s $35 a year, but I need to find a decent place where I can keep my pages on so that banner goes away.... :(

when my brother gets adsl it´ll go... and maybe I should update it... ;)

anyway... I use freespeech for my band´s page.. :)

it sucks right now though... will update when I get off my ass and start doing something... I have a new look ready in my mind.. just have to put it in my pc... :)
  10. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
  11. Sampoerna

Sampoerna Guest

Oct 9, 2000
    W. KY, USA
    <font color="#00FFFF">InternetTrash</font> has free 10MB space, email, ftp / web / email publishing of web pages, online page editing feature, no banners (if you upload your pages instead of using the built-in editor), and no popups.

These other domain names are available, too:

I'm not an employee, nor do I get any bonus for referrals...just a happy user. :)