1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

French Bow (Brazilwood & Horse Hair) - $89 Shipped!

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by birdxofxprey, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD

I have a French bow that has been used less than an hour. As new, no nicks or scratches. It's brazilwood and Mongolian horse hair. No longer have an upright to use it on.

Thanks for looking!

2. Where did you buy the bow? Is it one of the Upton bows?

3. I bought the bow locally, at the Violin Shop in Carmel, Indiana - paid $100 for it. No brand name on it, but I'm pretty sure it was made in China. It's as close to new as a used item can be, I only put rosin on it once. It's in great shape!

4. How's the balance/weight? I'm just looking for an average French bow, for teaching purposes.

5. Since this is the only bow I've used, and I only used it for a short period of time - I can't really give you an informed evaluation of it's balance, etc. It feels light to me (although I don't own a scale...), and I didn't really find balance to be an issue so much as just not having any experience of knowledge about how to use it.

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be suitable for teaching. Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.