frenzel rhomb

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mingustoo, Feb 21, 2003.

1. i just saw the best freakin band:Frenzel Rhomb-i mean, i'm 34 (<-old fart) and these guys rule!!!a-mazing: and nice guys and all that. It got pretty confusing after their set but, what a great freaking band. These guys played in a 'bar' in the middle of TAIWAN, with about fifty people and the P.A was cutting out on them and they illed It! They didnt seem to mind the sound and all that either-what a great , pro band!!! inspiration! I hope other people can relay their Frenzel Rhomb stories
    recent convert, d
    edit: okay its spelled 'frenzal rhomb'
  2. i really like what i've heard of them, funny stuff. they're aussies.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Either the band is spelling it incorrectly or you are. The actual term from which it was stolen is "fresnel rhomb", a type of optical prism used to circularly polarize light. The appropriate bastardization of the term (ala "Def Leppard" or "Led Zeppelin") would be "Freznel Rhomb."

Fresnel's Rhomb
  4. Just my 2 cents, but I always thought it was Frenzel Rhomb
  5. on the album it's frenzal rhomb.
    i just saw three of their shows in three days and it was great.
  6. Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    I saw these guys almost exactly a year ago. Last February me and a few of my friends took the four hour trip down to Atlanta to see Nofx and Frenzal Rhomb played. They were amazing-the tore it up and killed all the other opening bands. I am just waiting for these guys to get back to the states. They tour everywhere! I think a few weeks ago they were playing in South Africa-I've never heard of any punk bands playing there. It must be because they rock so hard.
  7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I checked it out. The band uses the wrong bastardization.
  8. Probably thought it sounded better....

Oh yeah...and uh...punk doesn't need to follow rules.
    That too.
  9. 'at least you know that Russel Crowe's band's a pile of ****ing ****'-lyric that can put a smile on a bleary day
    p.s. they are going to Uk , then Haifa Israel, then Seth Efreeca.
  10. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Since this is about a band and not performance as a band, it should be in Miscellaneous. That's where it's going to go.

Have a nice day :)
  11. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    yeah, I always liked their song: "punch in the face".. ofcourse it begins with the bass :) ..come to think of it, most of my favorite songs begin with bass!
  12. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    "Do You Wanna Fight Me" has to be one of my favorite songs ever! I saw Frenzal Rhomb once years ago when they opened for Less Than Jake. I'd love to see 'em again, now that I'm getting into them.
  13. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Fantastic. These guys have been popular her in OZ for years and have a steadily growing fan base. Thay also have huge support from Indie based radio station 2JJJ. Good to see them making an impression over there......
  14. Yeah I've seen frenzal a few times. Just replaced their bassist. He has some skill. At big day out they were pulling cones i allowed to say that?

I've liked them since they formed a few years back. Great mosh music and a lot of fun.