1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Frequency Response of Mesa Powerhouse 1x12 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Invisible_Sun, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me the frequency response for the Mesa Powerhouse 1x12 cab. Their site has no frequency response -- or weight (???) -- for a large number of their cabs. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    InSun

2. ricguy

ricguy Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    I can't help you with the freq. response, but Mesa does list the weight and dimensions of their cabinets on their website: click SUPPORT, then Weight & Dimensions under Customer Support.

3. I didn't think to look on the support page. The individual product pages are pretty uninformative.

Thanks for that, ricguy.

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a vague recollection of bass gear magazine doing a plot of a mesa cab.

5. If you are comparing cabs, the manufacturer-specified frequency response is next to useless (for a number of reasons). Among the major issues are measurement method and usefulness as an indicator of sound quality under actual use. Short of actually trying out a cab, the best way to determine if a cab has adequate bandwidth is to read posts and threads (here on TB) discussing the cab you are interested in. There will typically be a wide range of opinions, but one can usually pick up on the tone characteristics from both positive and negative comments. Not as good as actually hearing it, but perhaps the next best. User reviews are less reliable. New purchasers are nearly always pleased with their purchase.

Good luck!

6. Kind of hard to state Mesa cabs frequency response. Their "player control network" changes the crossover point between the woofer and tweeter, so it will have 3 different response profiles.

7. The -3db or -10db lowest frequency and highest frequency will not change due to crossover points. If they wanted to publish response curves they could publish all different curves. NOT hard at all.

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yup. From issue #5. Here's a link to our review.

9. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    A pretty good little cab.
    Within the physics of real design, not a gimmick.
    Excellent measurements from BGM

A good idea to stop by BGM before buying anything to check for measurements.

10. walkerci

walkerci

Mar 7, 2006
    Orlando, FLA
    I've got 2 of them. They sound great and are plenty loud for most gigs. Very easy to transport. :bassist: