Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Frequency Response

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Intrepid, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I was wondering what was an acceptable frequency low for bass speakers in general....I was looking at a few Eminence drivers and the Eden 210XLT I heard had nice lows. I was able to find a 10 driver that had a low of 45hz. Thats opposing the 12" drivers I was thinking about that had a low of 35hz....compact sized is very important, so is 45hz low enough?

2. bassist286

bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    i believe that 45hz is plenty low. unless your one of those 20hz sub-wave cravers. But yes 45hz is a pretty good low freguiency my swr S.O.B. and jr. are very bassy and they cut off at 45hz. p-nut from 311 uses a shure wireless which cuts off at 100hz , and his bass sounds pretty good.
    tryied to help
    -chris

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It depends on what you listen to. I say the 35, but im sure most would say the 45. It depends on what you want.

My custom 2-15" bass cab i built is tuned to 30 Hz and its is HUGE!!!!! I think thats the only way to go for me.

Nick