1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Frequency Response

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Intrepid, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    I was wondering what was an acceptable frequency low for bass speakers in general....I was looking at a few Eminence drivers and the Eden 210XLT I heard had nice lows. I was able to find a 10 driver that had a low of 45hz. Thats opposing the 12" drivers I was thinking about that had a low of 35hz....compact sized is very important, so is 45hz low enough?

2. bassist286

bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    i believe that 45hz is plenty low. unless your one of those 20hz sub-wave cravers. But yes 45hz is a pretty good low freguiency my swr S.O.B. and jr. are very bassy and they cut off at 45hz. p-nut from 311 uses a shure wireless which cuts off at 100hz , and his bass sounds pretty good.
    tryied to help
    -chris

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It depends on what you listen to. I say the 35, but im sure most would say the 45. It depends on what you want.

My custom 2-15" bass cab i built is tuned to 30 Hz and its is HUGE!!!!! I think thats the only way to go for me.

Nick