Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fresh cut grass from Damon

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Damon Rondeau, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    I had the JBIII spinning last weekend at the Prairie's Edge Bluegrass Festival and have posted on the sampler page some fresh live recordings for y'all. Six tunes, all country and bluegrass. (That old blues lonely down there in the jazz section is mouldy and old. Fresh jazz coming soon...)

So here they are. Have a listen, have fun, and have something to say!

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Damon, you mow that grass ! I like the way you really make the stuff swing...too many people think that playing 'grass is easy. If the bass isn't swinging it (even r5 r5) than the tunes are going to sound flat and when you're playing with a group of smokin' players that are just waiting to strart shredding you gotta have the bass going strong...

Great Job !

3. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Thankee Don. Making sure the bass part moves things along is a big concern of mine. Any kind of two feel -- bluegrass or not -- really starts to pump if the bass player is really concentrating on dropping that second note in there with some spin to it... I think of it almost as the breathing the song does.