1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fresh Ink

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by iamlowsound, Sep 18, 2008.

1. I got my latest tattoo yesterday afternoon. Four hour sitting, about all I could handle, the last 30 minutes were pure will power to keep from calling it quits. Without further ado (don't mind the tan line, working outside with boots on).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lowsound

2. Nice one! pity about the tan line tho :p
    Planning on adding anything to it?

And ouch! 4 hours is a long time, tho you positioned it wisely, where it is avoids all the sore bits on your leg :)

3. Nice. Very nice.

Mike

4. I have three or four more things to add, then it will get all filled in. Full lower leg sleeve eventually. I think I will go for the rest of the outline next, rather that do it all in parts.

Forgot to mention, the red is from some bruising, not part of the tattoo as it is all gray scale. Although I really do like the colouring like that, so I might get a little red/brown added to it later.

lowsound

5. :cool:

props to the artist. that looks like a real mike on your leg.

6. He has only been tattooing for 4 and a half years, think of how good he will be in another 4 or 5. His name is Rob Savage, watch for the name because he will be famous. The thing that I like about him is that first and foremost he is an artist (sells art out of his shop as well), but he loves expressing art in the form or tattoos and he is really focused on learning how to best transfer art onto skin. Really approaches tattooing like Chris Garver from Miami Ink (who is widely considered the best tattoo artist on the planet).

lowsound

7. Snazzy. :cool:

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Garver... is the best. If I ever get one Im taking a trip to Miami.

9. Want to know what he charges? Well my cousin was in Miami and dropped by the shop, Garver is somewhere in the $450-$500 per hour range.

lowsound

10. GREAT detail on that one brotha! I dig it.

11. Good stuff, watch out for the calf, especially when healing. And just to the sides of your shin, aswell as down at your ankle and over the achillies tendon, those areas hurt like buggery!

And good luck to your tattooist! My tattooist is doing really well these days, too damned well infact, went in yesterday to book in to get some more work done, and she is fully booked until the end of february!!

12. I hear you on having to wait. He is booking two to three months in advance right now. I can usually get in within a month to six weeks because I am friends with his apprentice.

lowsound

13. Wow, very 3D. I dig it!!

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Wow...that's pretty photorealistic.

bc

15. I am trying to get my head close enough to it to make it look like I am screaming into it, not quite flexible enough. Gotta keep trying.

lowsound