Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fresh Paint Week In Boston (Art Spam)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, May 2, 2005.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just wanted to let any art fans in the Boston area know that the Copley Society of Art is having its annual Fresh Paint auction this week.

For anyone who's never heard of it, the Copley picks about 80-90 of its artist members to come and paint on the streets of Boston for one day, which was yesterday May 1st this year, and then auctions off the "fresh" paintings for the rest of the week. As anyone in Mass probably knows, it was raining up there yesterday, so a lot of us ending up getting pretty wet. I packed up my easel after about an hour and spent the next five hours in the gallery's basement painting my piece from memory-some folks stayed out in the rain the whole time. Several of the artists who live far from Mass get to send in their paintings from where they live, so the paintings aren't really "fresh" at all-I gotta get on that list to avoid the drive :meh:

Anyways, the show goes until Saturday and there's some pretty interesting paintings there, 80% of which will still be wet by week's end, so if you're interested, head on down to Newbury St.

Oh, and here's a pic of what I did:
    [​IMG]

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Very nice as usual, BT.

brad cook

3. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada