1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fret Buzz Mid-Board

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BigDaddyO, Mar 31, 2009.

1. BigDaddyO

BigDaddyO Rockin' Ruben

Sep 23, 2007
    I have a Fender Jaguar bass set up by me using sticky from this board using Sadowsky instruction for low action. I have a buzz on A string only from 5th to 9th fret. I have adjusted relief and bridge height and cannot dial this in. Any suggestions?

2. XylemBassGuitar

XylemBassGuitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 14, 2008
    Durango, CO
    Owner and Operator, Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars
    Does the buzz disappear if you raise the action on the A-string? If so, how much higher do you have to raise the action of the A to eliminate the buzz? Can you hear the buzz through the amp, or only when unplugged?

I've also heard that the Sadowsky guide has you set the action very low. If this is true, it is possible that you may not be able to get such low action, as many factory basses' frets are not always as level as they should be.