Fret Buzz on D string

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Diegos79, May 8, 2018.

1. Diegos79

Diegos79

Mar 5, 2018
    Argentina
    Hello, I recently bought a squier precision classic vibe ... when I change the strings the second string has a buzz between frets 3 and 13.
    I raised the saddle a bit and the buzz decreases but the string is very high compared to the others ...
    I tried to rectify but the problem continues ... ideas?
    (sorry my english i speak spanish)

2. McBubbler

McBubbler

Apr 18, 2018
    Did you buy the bass new? Sounds like a popped fret or maybe a twist in the neck, which would be covered under warranty. Have you adjusted the truss rod? Might need a little relief.

3. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Did you go to a lighter gauge string?

McBubbler likes this.
  4. Diegos79

Diegos79

Mar 5, 2018
    Argentina
    its used

5. McBubbler

McBubbler

Apr 18, 2018
    Try 1/8 to 1/4 turn to loosen the truss rod. You might have to lower the action at the bridge afterwards, but that should help give the string a little more clearance in that fret range.

6. Diegos79

Diegos79

Mar 5, 2018
    Argentina
    I use .45,
    I try with some .40 strings and it makes it less

7. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    It sounds like a setup including a look at the height of the nut along with truss rod adjustment and intonation and bridge setup. If you are not experienced with doing setups you should find a store or someone near you who can.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021