1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fret buzz on E and A strings ONLY,advice?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by sidhk817, Feb 25, 2006.

1. hello everyone,

i'm playing a yamaha rbx360 bass,and i have a fret buzz problem on the E and A string above the 4th fret,and it's more serious on the E string. I have read the sticky about relief, which i have checked and is ok on my bass.Also,just for you guys to know,my E string is 5/32inch high and my G string is 1/8inch high,both measured from the bottom of the string to the top of the 12th fret.Maybe its due to my digging-in-hard technique,but theres no buzz when i pluck the D and G string with the same strength.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks very much in advance.

2. do they buzz on every fret past the fourth - check and see. also use a straight edge to see if one of your higher frets is sticking up more than the others on the side near the E and A strings.

Peace,
    S

3. I have just checked that the frets are pretty much of the same height,and the buzzing occurs in virtually every fret above the 4th. Though there are a few particular frets that buzz less,there's still buzz.