fret buzz on E and A strings ONLY,advice?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by sidhk817, Feb 25, 2006.

1. hello everyone,

i'm playing a yamaha rbx360 bass,and i have a fret buzz problem on the E and A string above the 4th fret,and it's more serious on the E string. I have read the sticky about relief, which i have checked and is ok on my bass.Also,just for you guys to know,my E string is 5/32inch high and my G string is 1/8inch high,both measured from the bottom of the string to the top of the 12th fret.Maybe its due to my digging-in-hard technique,but theres no buzz when i pluck the D and G string with the same strength.

Any input is welcome.

Thanks very much in advance.
  2. do they buzz on every fret past the fourth - check and see. also use a straight edge to see if one of your higher frets is sticking up more than the others on the side near the E and A strings.

3. I have just checked that the frets are pretty much of the same height,and the buzzing occurs in virtually every fret above the 4th. Though there are a few particular frets that buzz less,there's still buzz.