1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fret buzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ics1974, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    I’m getting fret buzz on the D string 9th and 11th fret only. I get the fret buzz when my action is any lower then 5/64 at 17th fret. With 6/64 I only get the buzz if I Really did in. Normal playing it does not buzz.
    I tried different truss rod adjustments from nearly dead straight to .015 relief at 7th fret but non of that helped.
    I think it must be a couple of high frets. My question is should I pay and get the frets leveled or am I being too picky and just have the Strings at 6/64 or slightly higher. 6/64 does feel comfortable but I am not sure if that’s too high for the D string.

It a Fender player series P Bass

2. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    Anyone?

3. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    It could be a couple of high frets or low frets. It is hard to judge if it is worth fixing now. How much do you play up there? How much does it bug you? How easy would it be to find the money to pay for a fret level? Is there enough meat on the frets to do a level?

4. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    I just called the store I bought it at and they said a fret leveling is part of the warranty. I can bring it in the new year

5. tb4sbp

tb4sbp

May 9, 2017
    North East
    That is great to hear
    I hope it all goes good for you

ics1974 likes this.
  6. Then go for it!