Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fret Markers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, May 2, 2004.

1. Does Anyone know a nice bass for 700 or less with cool fret markers. i have 5 basses and they all have dot markers, i'm tired of themand want a change. I play mostly hardcore music in a band but i play anything when by myself, so if anyone has any recomendations on a bass with badass fret makers for 700 or less please let me and thanks :confused: :cool:

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    check on a used geddy lee signature jazz bass. Block inlays, and a bound neck. Classic rocking bass.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Dont buy a bass just for its fret markers.

4. Agree with that.....

But if that's what they want to do......

If I remember correctly the "red markers" they describe are chili peppers, you may want to verify before you buy it.

Link to Manufacturers Site

And here is a link to one on closeout @ 699 for black & 399 for green finish.

Link to Sale

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    are you kidding me :D?

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Wow, that's a first. Normally people own multiple basses for more tones, not for their looks. To each their own I guess.

Alembic

7. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    If all you're after is a different kind of fret marker, why not go to fretware.com, get self adhesive shell markers in block style or one of your own design, then take one of your five basses or get one you want and add the fretware markers to it? You'd invest very little and would accomplish what you're after.

8. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Get a Warwick, they sound great, look great, and you can get cool Yin-Yang inlays.

Still, it's probably best to choose a bass that sounds and plays great...

:rolleyes:

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

+ 1