Fret Nation order

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by P Cheen, Aug 17, 2020.

1. P Cheen

P Cheen Chelsea Blue is the colour! Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    I’m not impatient– simply curious. How long did your recent Fret Nation string order take to ship out of their facility?

2. Are you talking about the time between when your order is placed and when it's shipped out?

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Usually an hour or so.

4. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    If you look at some of the products it will say usually ships in. I just waited over 3 weeks for an order out of CA. Shipping is screwy right now. Got something out of TX in 2 days.

pcake and sonojono like this.
  5. DCCat

DCCat

Jan 20, 2020
    Northern Virginia
    I've got a package from LaBella that has been stuck in Albany for three weeks. Fortunately, LaBella acknowledged it was probably lost and sent me another one, which is supposed to arrive today.

tindrum and pcake like this.
  6. hotbass57

hotbass57

Nov 27, 2011
    Fairfield,Ohio
    That's what I thought happened to mine. But all of a sudden it just showed. SMH

_jaxon5 likes this.
  7. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

I placed an order and it was in my mailbox 3 days later. California to Ohio. Not bad.

8. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Southern California
    One Way, Charlzm, johnnynitro and 5 others like this.
  9. P Cheen

P Cheen Chelsea Blue is the colour! Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes. The time from clicking ‘buy now’ and to them sending you an email saying it’s been dispatched.

I ordered 2 sets on 8/12, still no email. Definitely gonna check my mailbox, just in case it’s there. LOL.

10. I often order singles and custom sets from FN, so it can take a week or even longer, thanks to the pandemic, before the stock is received.

By the way, make sure to check your junk folder while you're checking for emails from FN.

1960jbass likes this.
  11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Have you been watching the mess the post office is in at the moment? Expect delays!

12. Speaking of the delay with USPS due to the pandemic...
    I placed an order from FN at the end of April. It took no time to go from FN to the LA International Distribution Center, but then it took 30 days from LA to Vancouver, BC for my order to travel straight up the coast!

One Way and pbass888 like this.
  13. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

But it’s also crossing a border between to sovereign nations. That changes the formula completely. You can be geographically separated by only 100 feet and still need to cross a bureaucratic gulf that can sometimes become a light year wide. ;)

14. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    i stopped ordering from them a while ago, based on order delays and issues on 2 of my 3 orders. i read that most others seem to get great service. YMMV.
    Obviously, we are in unusual times with COVID and the current postal situation.

15. I'm talking BEFORE the package got to Canada Customs. It usually takes my orders from FN 3-5 days to cross the border and get to Canada Customs, then it can still take up to 7 days from there to my mailbox. ;)

gebass6 likes this.
  16. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

You left out this side of the border. Its been crazy over here since mid-March. I had an order for a pair of special files ship from Athens Greece and arrive at the NY customs clearance center in four days. After which they sat there for 45 days until I filed a formal query with the USPS. I finally got my package two days after that.

17. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I haven't had great luck finding what I want in stock there lately, even pre-COVID. Could just be a reflection that what I like isn't very popular.

18. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoenix
    Off topic - but I sent a birthday card across town... usually 2 days tops in the past - 18 days. (USA)

Hope you get your goods soon!

One Way and Arthur U. Poon like this.
  19. One thing I should mention about my order from FN taking a long time in May...

My order was placed on April 24. Then around May 20, Jason was nice enough to offer to ship out a replacement order. I said, "let's give it till the end of the month and see what happens...". On that same day, I received a USPS tracking info about my package finally arriving at the distribution center in Richmond, BC. All was good after that as it only took 3 days for it to show up in my mailbox.

20. stingray78

stingray78 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2012
    I usually buy custom sets that are not in stock. It might take 10 days or a bit more before the order ships out to me. You should be able to see the status of your order on the fretnation website.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021