Fret Nation order

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by P Cheen, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Raoul_Duke

Raoul_Duke

Jun 13, 2010
    Michigan
    I stopped ordering from them due to delays and communication, but they do have great selection and prices, and lots of satisfied customers. Not trying to bash at all, but your experience isn’t an anomaly.

Lammchop93 likes this.
  2. 3684799953275

3684799953275 Guest

Aug 21, 2020
    Ill text him this screen shot in the morning!

Hes got great prices and best of all, hes a great guy who works hard to help his customers out. Ive seen him go to great lengths to make things happen for people. Its a shame to see people upset, but i bet if they shoot him a call/message he would do all he can to help em out!

Cheers!

fauxtoe and gravesbass like this.
  3. Charlzm

Charlzm Guest

Mar 25, 2011
    I visited the Chatsworth shop a few times as well. Convenient and great to hang with Jason! I miss having him nearby but I get why he moved away.

rockinrayduke likes this.
  4. P Cheen

P Cheen Chelsea Blue is the colour! Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Sacramento, CA
    Received my strings after about 10 or something days (I stopped counting) and I bought 2 sets, they arrived about 2 days apart, and both through Amazon for some reason.

5. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    South Shore MA
    Waiting three weeks for a set now...

6. Gregory H

Gregory H

Jun 25, 2020
    Has anybody had any recent experiences ordering from Fretnation? I placed an order on October 4th, followed up on the 12th and Jason responded that he was waiting on items from DR. I emailed yesterday and this morning and haven't gotten a response.

I was pretty excited to support a small business after reading the positive reviews here on TB and ordered two sets of strings, a strap, and some patch cables. Maybe I should have just stuck to strings? It's killing me though... I have a brand new to me bass that's been sitting unstrung for over two weeks because I've been waiting on this order.

7. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    He just doesn’t seem to actually accurately show what is in stock or not, and these days I think it takes him longer to re-up. He doesn’t communicate any of these things unless you follow up about a slow order. Kind of a shame- if you need something quick these days and really want to support him you need to message him before purchase to verify your stuff is actually in stock.

8. Leonid Nidis

Leonid Nidis

Jan 1, 2018
    I had an order there delayed because of waiting for DR shipment too.
    Its just not up to him imo,he will ship when it arrives.

9. Leonid Nidis

Leonid Nidis

Jan 1, 2018
    Dont know how accurate but under a product on the website it say if its in stock or if there is a wait.

10. Gregory H

Gregory H

Jun 25, 2020
    All of the DR items on the site (except for lo-riders which are in stock) say that they usually ship an 1-7 days. I placed the order over 2 weeks ago. I get things being out of a person's control, but give me a break! It takes two minutes to send an email saying "hey things are taking longer than expected." Silence can be deafening, and a tiny blip - 'you haven't been forgotten' would really go a long way.

11. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    I’ve ordered sets from him over the years. His prices are generally good. He responds to emails, but sometimes it takes a few days. If he has the order in stock, they arrive within a a week. if they’re not in stock, it can take awhile. My last order took several weeks. I needed the strings so I ordered another set direct from the manufacturer’s website and those arrived in a couple days, although at $5.00 more. The set from him eventually arrived and they went on another bass.

I’ll continue to buy from him as I like to support small businesses. I think he does what he can; I get the impression it’s just him and his wife operating out of their house and using a local PO Box storefront shipping business. He has been pleasant to talk to the couple times I’ve spoken to him.

Things are still not back to normal in California...it’s going to be some time yet before anything resembling normal services return.

12. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    These were not accurate the last time I ordered from him a few month back. The delay didn't bother me much, but the lack of communication did given I was used to him being pretty quick to fulfill back in the Bassstringsonline days. My expectations have been tempered now and if I need something quick I m=will message first

Gregory H likes this.
  13. Valveman

Valveman Gold Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2012
    St. Augustine, FL
    My first order in some time. Placed Wednesday afternoon 10/14 and received Friday evening 10/16. CA to FL.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021