1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fret rattling

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dubbroc, Sep 14, 2010.

1. dubbroc

dubbroc Guest

Aug 26, 2010
    California, San Jose
    Hi,
    I bought a lakland 5501, I like everything about it, except I noticed the strings/fret buzz, and especially during quick hammer ons. I tried the same thing on my other bass and it doesnt seem to do that which is weird because my other bass is pretty crappy. Anybody encounter this issue? Have any tips?

Thanks for your help

2. Growly Lytes

Growly Lytes

Dec 4, 2009
    Downunder Oz
    Bass player
    The first thing i would check is the Truss-Rod & then the Saddle height.It could have some frets that have risen or maybe the FB has a little hump in it somewhere ? It happens more on the treble side if the neck when it twists, this is because of string tension & bad design.If you know how to check these things go for it !
    Good Luck.......Ive been playing around with my nuts & ive got great results.Much better action now towards the headstock but it also effects the whole feel of the bass as in easy to play.Its great that i know this NOW !!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021