Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretboard oil....hmmz...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by AllodoX, May 29, 2002.

1. Hmmz.... i was kinda bored today, so i started reading the label on my bottle of fretboard oil..
    to my supprise it said " avoid skin contact "

*** ?!? :eek:

avoid skin contact with oil that you rub on a piece of wood that you touch with your fingers ?!?!? :eek:

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    The fretboard oil probably contains petroleum distillates (AKA mineral spirits) as a carrier to help it penetrate the wood. The distillates then evaporate.

Still, it makes you wonder...

This is why I've been using butcher block oil on my fretboards lately. I figure if it's safe enough to use on cutting boards in contact with food, it's probably not going to hurt me or my axes.

3. Its probably just a legal disclaimer in case some twit decides to get it on his/her face or if someone develops a rash and they want to blame it on the oil.

:D:D

Merls

i saw on a post package, "Please do not post explosives, weapons or flammables in this package.. if you are unsure contact your post office cleric"

"Miss i i want to blow up the building where i work, what package can i use?" :rolleyes:

4. Lawsuits and warning labels violate the law of natural selection.

5. It is actually a typical American thing, you know ?

I read thos one story where an old woman bought a microwave.. she washed her little kitty, and put it in the microwave to dry it.. ofcourse it goes without saying that the kitty was nuked and turned inside out :D

Then she sued the microwave company for murder, coz the manual didn't state that one should not put living organisms in the microwave..

cmon ! how stupid can one get ? those things just crack me up :D :p

the bad part ofcourse is, that she actually won the case, and got 4 milion dollars..

6. Hahahaa hmmmm. $4 million for a cat? sheesh.

bit like the Darwin awards.... i'll let you do the search.

Merls

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    <door opens>

::meow::

<door closes>

::beep beep beep::

::wwwiiirrrrrrrr::

::MEOW!::

::BBBBOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!! ::

::SPLAT!::

::FLUFFY!!!!!::

::$$KaChing$$::

Peace
    Nick

8. hmm soudns a bit like the chinese resturaunt down the road... :eek:

Merls

BBBOOOOOOOOOOO oh come on, you have all heard the rumours!

9. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA

I fear you are correct. Every fast food drive through has a sign that reads "Warning: Coffee served Hot."

Isn't hot coffee a good thing?

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Especially when it falls on your lap and you can sue a multi mega ultra super big bucks fast food chain for some of their multi mega ultra super big bucks.

Peace
    Nick

11. I only wish i had thought of it first......

then again, that woman thought she really deserved it........... it takes all kinds.....

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Does anyone know the exact amount?

Peace
    Nick

13. Who knows? we could probably set up one of them betting things... aka "how many M&M's in this glass jar?"

Merls

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    :: Dr. Evil voice on::

100 bilion dolars!

:: Dr. Evil vioce off::

:D

Peace
    Nick