1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fretless 5 for metal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Metal Chuck, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Metal Chuck

Metal Chuck

Jul 4, 2006
    Now, I wanna try something really out of the box, so I'm thinking of getting a fretless 5 string bass.

I primarily play metal. Death metal, tech metal, whatever metal, man.

Anything up to $2500 is okay with me.

2. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    You might try som Warwick stuff , Thumb bolt on fretless , or a Streamer Stage 2 fretless.

3. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    Check out a MM Stingray 5 fretless or a Sadowsky fretless for 2 different tonal options.

4. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    If you REALLY want to think outside the box, get a Rick fiver and defret it.

5. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    For that price, you can get a nice fretless. I would recommend checking out the classified section. There is some really nice stuff there in your range.

6. I play an Elrick 5 fretless and I can't think of a better fretless and I've played a lot of them. Just a suggestion. You could pick up a great used one in that price range. Some of the neck-through singlecuts go from 2000-2800 ish. I got mine for 2000.

7. Lakland 55-02

8. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    Warwick Vampyre Fretless Nirvana Black... Wow! Check out the one in their custom shop :)