Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless 5 string custom and more

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by richst, Nov 8, 2003.

1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Need some quick cash so here goes. I have a 5 string fretlees frankenbass for sale that comes in a molded case. It has a wramoth ash body and a warmoth maple neck with an ebony lined board. Has Bartolini soapbars out of an old Warwick Thumb bass (1989) and a Barto 2 band preamp. Kahler adjustable bridge. Has Roto flats on it now but will throw in a brand new set of Daddario prisms too for a bright sound. Bass has been modified and remodified but sounds great and not beat on. Has one hole that was filled on the front that you can see but otherwise it looks great. Tom Anderson did the paint job on it when I lived in LA. Looking to get $500 for it.

I also have a EMG mid circuit that I'm selling for $50. I bought it and never used it.

Thanx
    Rich

2. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    The body.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Are there any playability issues that should be known about? Where are you located? Can I get a pic of the back? Thanks man.

Andy Dow.

4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    No issues. Would keep it but unfortunate financial situation forces sale. As you can see this was a rear route at its birth. I really thought the Jbass look would be cool so it morphed into that after a few different configurations. It's a solid axe and I have way more into it than I'm selling it for. Thanx.

Rich

5. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Has 21 fret lines.

Thanx
    Rich

6. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    OK, I'll take $450 plus actual shipping charges.

thanx
    Rich