Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fretless 6 under 2k

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vampyre, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Vampyre

Vampyre

Dec 9, 2004
    Anyone have any recomendations for a good fretless 6 string for under 2k canadian. It doesnt really matter to me whether it is used or new.

thanks

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You may be able to pick up a Skjold Stage series in that price range.

Tom.

3. Vampyre

Vampyre

Dec 9, 2004
    bump..

4. The Peavey Cirrus seems to be a popular choice. Spector also makes an awesome bass. For spending this ammount of money, you should definately go out and get your hands on some basses in this range. You need to educate yourself a bit. Afterall, you will be the one playing this instrument.

5. JJBACOOMBA

JJBACOOMBA Commercial User

May 31, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Lecompte Bass Owners Club Member #2
    Lecompte!! Lecomptebass.com

6. spectors are great for the money, im not sure what the price jump would be from 5 to 6 strings,

my euro rebop lists for about 1600, you can get em much cheaper, but thats what they list for (not gonna say what i paid for mine, but i was less than half of that)

7. Base price under 2K, & well worth going slightly over budget. Or, you can sometimes find a used Pedulla Buzz for less than 2.

8. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I don't think that Spector makes a ReBop 6 string. I think you have to go neck-thru to get a Euro 6 string.

Joe

9. yamaha and ibanez come to mind, tho if its your first 6er/fretless i would buy a birce six string and defret it. $500cdn

lowsound

10. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    Denton TX
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
    used yamaha TRB

11. sanray

sanray

Nov 8, 2005
    actually they come already fretless if you want

dean has a decent selection, but probably lower quality than you are looking for.

12. Just two words.....

"used.....Roscoe"

:bag:

13. SharkB8

SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    NorCal
    And two words not often heard.