1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fretless 7's- let's see 'em

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassteban, May 30, 2005.

1. OK, you slightly extended-range-bass players(as compared w/9-11 stringers)- let's see your tools of boom/mmmwwaaaaaah...
    I'm also interested in your experiences w/the jump from 6 to 7. And URB's count, too- as long as they have 7 strings.

2. A Sei, yes? What's the spacing like?

3. Yup it is a Sei Flamboyant. I had it made with 17.5mm spacing at the bridge which for me is spot on. It has Piezo's in the bridge to give me more flexability.

As I went from 4 to 7 I did not answer the second part to your question. I did however find it very easy going to 7 strings.

Regards

Matthew

4. That looks nice. I will soon be in the market for a fretless as well. I was thinking a 5er but I might swing to six since I am not a fretless player as of now. Why not push the limit a little more while I'm already at it?

5. I had a hard time going from 4 to 5, but 5 to 6 was a breeze. I'm pretty much w/you on the limit-pushing. Streee-eeetch(ow)! Strangely enough, my wife is telling me the same thing. I guess she knows from experience that once the seed is planted, it's gonna come up sometime. :rolleyes:

6. Bassius

Bassius

Nov 6, 2001
    usa
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar amps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ...BOOOYAH!!!

7. Seems that a pair of Accugroove Tri 112L's are the preferred weapons of choice with fretless 7's ;)

Matthew

8. Bassius, that's the very bass I was thinking of when I included EUB's. That clip of yours is awesome. Range, baby. Range.

9. Bassius

Bassius

Nov 6, 2001
    usa
    This Clip?

10. I hear ya! I've always thought about getting a 7 string and since I've played guitar for almost 15 years switching between all 4ths and sticking that pesky B in there just to screw with my guitarist friends. I just haven't pulled the trigger because I want to spend some time on one first and don't know anyone who has an ERB. I just bought a Stambaugh and if I like it as much as I think I will, a fretless will soon follow. :hyper:

11. (*Now in Mr. T's voice)That's what I'm talkin' about! Unh!

12. That's sweeet! It reminds me of a beastie boys instrumental from "The in sounds from way out" disc called Eugenes Lament but much more earthy. I like!

13. Yeah, I dumped my fretless Rebop 5(it's at Bassnw- someone please buy it :crying: )so I can get a custom(originally 6, now perhaps a 7)started. I've been bouncing around here checking out fretless clips & pics. It's not helping...

14. Go 7. If you get a 6 you will always wonder what it would be like with 7. So save yourself some torment and go 7. You know you want to. :D

Regards

Matthew

15. Bassius

Bassius

Nov 6, 2001
    usa

heh cool

16. :eek: Not like that- but you & my wife are in cahoots. :D Also, regardless of what anyone says, my(fretted)6 was a bit unwieldy at first- 3/4" spacing, donchaknow- but it's like an old friend now.

17. bassteban

:eek:

You had me very worried for a minute until I read your whole post :)

Matthew

18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    sweet clip denson!

19. Bassius

Bassius

Nov 6, 2001
    usa
    thanks man...