Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless 7's- let's see 'em

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassteban, May 30, 2005.

1. OK, you slightly extended-range-bass players(as compared w/9-11 stringers)- let's see your tools of boom/mmmwwaaaaaah...
    I'm also interested in your experiences w/the jump from 6 to 7. And URB's count, too- as long as they have 7 strings.

2. A Sei, yes? What's the spacing like?

3. Yup it is a Sei Flamboyant. I had it made with 17.5mm spacing at the bridge which for me is spot on. It has Piezo's in the bridge to give me more flexability.

As I went from 4 to 7 I did not answer the second part to your question. I did however find it very easy going to 7 strings.

Regards

Matthew

4. That looks nice. I will soon be in the market for a fretless as well. I was thinking a 5er but I might swing to six since I am not a fretless player as of now. Why not push the limit a little more while I'm already at it?

5. I had a hard time going from 4 to 5, but 5 to 6 was a breeze. I'm pretty much w/you on the limit-pushing. Streee-eeetch(ow)! Strangely enough, my wife is telling me the same thing. I guess she knows from experience that once the seed is planted, it's gonna come up sometime. :rolleyes:

6. Bassius

Bassius

Nov 6, 2001
    usa
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar amps
  7. Seems that a pair of Accugroove Tri 112L's are the preferred weapons of choice with fretless 7's ;)

Matthew

8. Bassius, that's the very bass I was thinking of when I included EUB's. That clip of yours is awesome. Range, baby. Range.

9. Bassius

Bassius

Nov 6, 2001
    usa
    This Clip?

10. I hear ya! I've always thought about getting a 7 string and since I've played guitar for almost 15 years switching between all 4ths and sticking that pesky B in there just to screw with my guitarist friends. I just haven't pulled the trigger because I want to spend some time on one first and don't know anyone who has an ERB. I just bought a Stambaugh and if I like it as much as I think I will, a fretless will soon follow. :hyper:

11. (*Now in Mr. T's voice)That's what I'm talkin' about! Unh!

12. That's sweeet! It reminds me of a beastie boys instrumental from "The in sounds from way out" disc called Eugenes Lament but much more earthy. I like!

13. Yeah, I dumped my fretless Rebop 5(it's at Bassnw- someone please buy it :crying: )so I can get a custom(originally 6, now perhaps a 7)started. I've been bouncing around here checking out fretless clips & pics. It's not helping...

14. Go 7. If you get a 6 you will always wonder what it would be like with 7. So save yourself some torment and go 7. You know you want to. :D

Regards

Matthew

15. Bassius

Bassius

Nov 6, 2001
    usa

heh cool

16. :eek: Not like that- but you & my wife are in cahoots. :D Also, regardless of what anyone says, my(fretted)6 was a bit unwieldy at first- 3/4" spacing, donchaknow- but it's like an old friend now.

17. bassteban

:eek:

You had me very worried for a minute until I read your whole post :)

Matthew

18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    sweet clip denson!

19. Bassius

Bassius

Nov 6, 2001
    usa
    thanks man...