1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fretless action!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by carlospppena, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Hello All:

I defreted an Ibanez acoustic bass guitar. The results were great. The only thing left to do is to lower the bridge. How low it should be??? The neck is pefectly straight.

How many milimiters should separte the fingerboard from the strings at the 21st fret (well, not a fret there anymore...) or at the bridge end of the neck, should I say????

I need to know before I try anything because this is not an adjustable bridge. The correction is going to be made with a sanding block and a lot of elbow grease. If I go wrong I will need a new nut for my bridge. ;-/

Best Regards,

Carlos Peña

2. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Search these forums first -- that's a well hashed out topic -- if I had the details I'd sketch them out for you, but alas I don't. Look in the luthier section too.