Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fretless and fancy free

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tez, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Tez

Tez

Jan 24, 2004
    Australia
    Why are there so few Fretless basses in music stores,Frets on a Bass are only training wheels, get them off and start makin "Tone with your fingers" Tez

2. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    How many people do you know personally that play bass in general....? -Luke

3. Tez

Tez

Jan 24, 2004
    Australia
    I know lots of bass guitarist but not many bass players dont see that many in music clips either Tez :confused:

4. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    It's just that most people prefer to play guitar over bass. That would be why there is lot's of guitars and few basses,let alone fretless basses. -Luke

5. Most people like Fretted over Fretless,thats fact...on opinions.

I don't feel that frets are "training wheels" I have both a fretted and fretless instrument and I love 'em both because of what I get from them...not from which is more difficult ro play.

6. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Welcome to Talkbass!! This site is wonderful,with alot of great people to interact with. Please feel free to ask questions. Someone will answer. :D -Luke

7. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Also, this post belongs in Miscellaneous. Bassists is not a place for bassists to post per se, it's a place to post about bassists. That being said, welcome to TB, enjoy, and off you go to Miscellaneous.