Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Victor Wooten98, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    I want to buy two basses but can only afford one, a really cheap 4-string fretless bass,
    or a btb 406 Ibanez 6 string bass. Wich one should I get?

Thanks a lot.

2. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    No one here can make that choice for you, especially with the information that you provided. What kind of music do you like, who are some of your influences. Six strings and four string fretlesses are two very different animals and and it is all a matter of what suits you best.

3. bollefen

bollefen

Mar 13, 2003
    CT
    have you looked at used basses? how much $$ do you have?

you can save a lot buying used, especially if you are not looking for something rare or very high end!

i have 2 fender jazz 4 fretless mim and am thinking about selling one, pm me or keep an eye on the for sale board.

bill

4. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    i'm not a big fan of BTB's, but i am a fan of fretless 6's. if fretless 6 is what you want and you like the BTB's, go for it. maybe try out some others as well though (or maybe you've already done all that?
    have fun with whatever you get.
    also, used is the way to go.

5. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    Thanks for the Help, I play Jazz, Funk, Metal, Rock, Progressive Metal (like Dream theater, Rush, and Pain of salvation, Thats why I would want the 6 string) My influences are
    Victor Wooten, John Myung, John Patitucci, Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Clarke, Tony Levin, and lots more I cant Think of right now...
    Ohh yeah, I got a fretted four string right now, so I can get all the funk, and jazz I really need, but I dont have anything for Prog metal, I dont have enough for the 6 String I want yet, but I got enough for a Fretless, So I am Just looking for an opinion, Save up, Get a fretless.

Thanks for the Help.