1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fretless Basses UK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Xoikimo, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Xoikimo

Xoikimo

Jan 15, 2013
    Hello!

Can anybody let me know where I could get a decent 5 string fretless bass from in the UK for around £500?

Last month I put up at thread asking about 5 string fretless I found. This is it:

Warwick RockBass Corvette $$ 5 string
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/warwick_rb_corvette5_fl_nbk_ofc.htm

You guys said that it was good but too high priced for what it was. You mentioned I can get something just as good for a lower price but never stated another FL bass for me to look at, to compare to. :confused: Anyone able help me find a decent one? Links, shops in UK etc..

Thanks

2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Have you the chance to try out the ESP LTD B205SM fretless? I have the fretted version waiting for me as a xmas present when I get home, and I chose it based on the reviews and opinions I read here and around the net.

Search for the model on here, at least a couple of TBers have the fretless version and seem to be happy.

Here is the link:
    http://www.espguitars.co.uk/bass-ltd-b205smfl.html

[​IMG]

Unfortunately this is not available on Thomanns anymore.

3. inate_hex

inate_hex

Apr 4, 2010
    Manchester, England
    I occasionally wet the bed.
    You could try gak.co.uk or guitarguitar. They usually have a decent selection.

4. inate_hex

inate_hex

Apr 4, 2010
    Manchester, England
  5. inate_hex

inate_hex

Apr 4, 2010
    Manchester, England
  6. MethodsofDance

MethodsofDance

Nov 19, 2013
    UK
    Look into the Cort Artisan. Looks like there's a 5 string version though I've only seen the 4 string one on sale in this country so far, costs around £500 and looks like it has serious potential. I also agree on those LTD B series - I have major GAS for the 4 string one at the moment.

7. MrWalker

MrWalker

Apr 3, 2002
    Norway
    The Bass Gallery in London has a couple Fender (MIM probably) Jazz basses and a Squier fretless below £500. They should be decent quality, I think. Gak has a Vintage Icon fretless (Jaco clone) at £224, and thats a pretty good bass at a pretty low price :)