Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless Charlie Parker bass movie

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Sep 7, 2004.

1. I thought you might need diverting from your work - I know I do (and I have so much work to do!) so here's another little home bass-movie of me attempting to play my fretless 5 - this was when I first got it,about three months ago, and I have improved loads since.

I'm using my Boss RC20 loop pedal to give me the bassline on Parker's 'Scrapple The Apple' - I screw the up head several times but the solo's OK, I hope some of you dig it:

<b><a href=http://www.munkio.com/music/Scrapple%20solo.mov>Scrapple The Apple</a></b>

2. Why dude?

How are things anyway? The NT still working out? Stupid question, huh...

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"Are you *sure* you want that Andy?"

[​IMG]

("Do you want to go toilet? 'Cos it's a right kerfuffle if you decide you need to go once we get into the van...")

4. HI Bruce,

I am SO going to look like this when I get 'older' - I'm 32 now for crissake and things aren't looking up! I couldn't resist using Andy as my avatar - he is my favourite. How's tricks in Brighton - are you playing much?

Cheers M

5. Bruce Lindfield

I did a lot of playing at Jazz Summerschool ;) and we've had a few Sambossa gigs recently - in fact we're just trying to get a band meeting together to promote some more gigs. So, just got an email from our trombone player :

"The profile of the Band is at its highest in Brighton at the moment after the Festival and Brunswick gigs - both Monica and I have had more than one set of people come up to us to say how much they enjoyed the performances and to ask when the Band is playing again"
    :)

6. Good stuff - great to hear Sambossa are still going strong - I have a new 6-piece funk band called Jasco, who I'm, playing with tonight in Kentish Town - we're playing in Brighton on September 18th (two weeks Saturday) at the Babylon Lounge - it's a free gig if you want to come - to celebrate this international day of peace called Earth Dance - we'll be on about 9pm - it's jazz/funky stuff, bring a friend or three.

You have to register here though as there's only 150 guest spots:<a href=http://www.earthdance.org.uk/>www.earthdance.org.uk</a>

No worries if you're busy.

Cheers M

7. Bruce Lindfield

I'm on holiday in Greece (Halkidiki) from 16th Sept - 24th! Otherwise I would have come along!!

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Wayyy too much is going on at the same time.. plus, I watched it at 6:30 AM..

The NT is my baby.. I LOOOVE it with the light strings.. Wooten method stuff is now a breeze with it. Thank you!