Fretless Charlie Parker bass movie

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Sep 7, 2004.

1. I thought you might need diverting from your work - I know I do (and I have so much work to do!) so here's another little home bass-movie of me attempting to play my fretless 5 - this was when I first got it,about three months ago, and I have improved loads since.

I'm using my Boss RC20 loop pedal to give me the bassline on Parker's 'Scrapple The Apple' - I screw the up head several times but the solo's OK, I hope some of you dig it:

<b><a href=http://www.munkio.com/music/Scrapple%20solo.mov>Scrapple The Apple</a></b>

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm confused :eyebrow:

3. Why dude?

How are things anyway? The NT still working out? Stupid question, huh...

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

"Are you *sure* you want that Andy?"

[​IMG]

("Do you want to go toilet? 'Cos it's a right kerfuffle if you decide you need to go once we get into the van...")

5. HI Bruce,

I am SO going to look like this when I get 'older' - I'm 32 now for crissake and things aren't looking up! I couldn't resist using Andy as my avatar - he is my favourite. How's tricks in Brighton - are you playing much?

Cheers M

6. Bruce Lindfield

I did a lot of playing at Jazz Summerschool ;) and we've had a few Sambossa gigs recently - in fact we're just trying to get a band meeting together to promote some more gigs. So, just got an email from our trombone player :

"The profile of the Band is at its highest in Brighton at the moment after the Festival and Brunswick gigs - both Monica and I have had more than one set of people come up to us to say how much they enjoyed the performances and to ask when the Band is playing again"
    :)

7. Good stuff - great to hear Sambossa are still going strong - I have a new 6-piece funk band called Jasco, who I'm, playing with tonight in Kentish Town - we're playing in Brighton on September 18th (two weeks Saturday) at the Babylon Lounge - it's a free gig if you want to come - to celebrate this international day of peace called Earth Dance - we'll be on about 9pm - it's jazz/funky stuff, bring a friend or three.

You have to register here though as there's only 150 guest spots:<a href=http://www.earthdance.org.uk/>www.earthdance.org.uk</a>

No worries if you're busy.

Cheers M

8. Bruce Lindfield

I'm on holiday in Greece (Halkidiki) from 16th Sept - 24th! Otherwise I would have come along!!

9. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Wayyy too much is going on at the same time.. plus, I watched it at 6:30 AM..

The NT is my baby.. I LOOOVE it with the light strings.. Wooten method stuff is now a breeze with it. Thank you!