1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fretless Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Banana Bread, Jul 28, 2007.

1. I'm considering buying a warwick corvette fretless, I plan on going to go try it out this weekend sometime. What do you think of this bass? Pros and cons would be greatly appreciated, and if you dont think this bass is worth it, which bass do you think is a good bass for around the same price as the warwick give or take 250$ thanks.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I used to own one and they are pretty nice. They get a good growling fretless sound. They can often be found used on ebay for a great price.

3. Azoore

Azoore

Sep 1, 2004
    Akron, OH
    It's certainly worth it if you buy used. They're an amazing deal at that price. I can't say anything bad about mine. :bassist:

4. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I currently have one. It's a lined fretless (which I added active EMGs, Graphtech piezo saddles, and a Fishman Powerchip to :)). I can tell you that they are very punchy for a fretless. Unless you do some changing of the pickups/electronics, however, they are not such a bright-sounding bass. They are amazing for keeping a tight, beefy, bassy, punchy rhythm in a band. If you need some brightness, I might suggest a Stingray or Sterling fretless. But the Corvette fretless is awesome IMHO.

5. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    only bad thing i have to say about it is the neck dive...

other than that, its reliable, sturdy as hell, and sounds great. perhaps a bit overpriced new but yea, i'd say its wort it.

6. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I`ve not experimented that problem. IMHO, it`s one of the best entry level Warwicks (Rockbasses not included, of course)

7. TheBassBetween

TheBassBetween

Jun 25, 2005
    I have a fretted corvette 5er, and it's really just a great bass. Real versatile.

8. In my opinion a used Corvette fretless is the best deal in a fretless for that price you can get. You can't get a fretless anywhere near as good as it for the money. It's punchy, growly, sounds great in a mix, and has great mwhah. I think Corvettes are very comfortable basses and I haven't experience noticeable neckdive with them. I just wish you could get a lined 'Vette fretless without having to order it custom.

9. Azoore

Azoore

Sep 1, 2004
    Akron, OH
    My Corvette balances perfectly, FWIW.