Fretless Dingwall

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FCM3, Jun 5, 2004.

1. For those of you that poses the question....what would playing on a fretless Novax fingerboard be like.

Sheldon has produced a 6 string fretless Afterburner bass, complete w/ maple fret markers
    (2/3 of the way down the page)

One of the secret ingredients is a magical mixture of an epoxy-coated wenge fingerboard, just to punch up the tone.

I've been playing a fretless Dingwall for more than 1 yr and its not as intimidating as it looks. You get all the Dingwall goodness, plus Mwah in boatloads.
  2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I've played that bass...I lust after that bass...

It is an utterly amazing playing and sounding bass, owned by a local cat here in Orlando...who keeps threatening to sell it...

Here's a pic for those that are not interested in using the link and scrolling:

3. That is a sweet looking bass. Knowing what Dingwalls are like, I would love to play that bass.

4. munkyboy

Feb 1, 2004
    ooooh yeeeaaah!
  5. Gard-
    He keep threatening to sell it??
    Gosh i hope he wants to sell appears for sale.
    Glad you got to play it, i bet its a treat.

I suspect this bass just sings in boatloads, and you gotta hear a 37" B string full of Mwah.

I've been playing my Fretless Dingwall for more than a yr and I see no wear and tear on the fingerboard, especially w/ those roundwound Dingwall strings, so the epoxy really seems to help