1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fretless Earthwood Bass, $850 in upstate NY

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, Sep 26, 2009.

1. http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/1390893681.html
    No idea if it's original, no idea if it even plays. I do know that if it plays, or can be made to play, it's the Holy Grail of ABGs. If I had the cash and the room in my house, this would be gone already.

2. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    A fellow Talkbasser from NY said they lucked into a fretless Earthwood on Craigslist. My guess is that this is it and that the seller has not removed the ad yet.

3. Link? And when can I play it?

4. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    if its around on tuesday, i will zip up to saratoga and check it out. looks pretty cool.

5. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Like I said....it looks like someone already got it.

6. That's awesome. I had no idea there was such a thing as a factory-made fretless Earthwood.

7. Yep, It mine. I believe the original owner ordered it. His widow told me he had one that he sent back to get this one. Poor woman is getting calls left and right now as her neice posted the ad and I dont think she is paying attention.
    The Crazy part is this thing sat thru an estate sale of the music store that had been in business till 1994 and no one bought it. They must of had some amazing stuff.

8. What music store? I heard about a fretless Earthwood copy in some small music store near 'Toga, but your bass looks like the real deal. If that was in this area since 1994 and I never found it, I'm going to be kicking myself for two or three years. I looked for an Earthwood for 10 years before I got mine, a '72, in 2006. Oddly enough, mine also came from an estate sale.
    What kind of case and tools did it come with? The ad didn't say. Mine came with the vinyl, '70s bowling ball bag case and without the neck adjustment tool that allows you to adjust the neck pitch without taking the bass apart.
    I'm nominating you for score of the year. That's a great bass.

9. Yea, Like I said it found me. It too came with the "bowling ball bag" but unfortunatly the foam started to break down and is kind of stuck to the finish everywhere. Hopefully my luither friend know how to fix that too. Has two wrenches, manuals, two new sets of strings and original reciept. I am just the caretaker for a while.

10. Well, feel free to contact me when you get tired of that particular burden. I'm local and love me some Earthwoods.