1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Fretless Fender Jazz bass, HG Thor epoxy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tlvernon, Jun 11, 2018.

1. tlvernon

tlvernon Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Columbus OH
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This is a Japanese fretless 62 reissue. I’m not sure if the year, but my guess is the late 80’s.
    I loved the feel and tone of this bass and thought I would never get rid of it. So I customized it. Now today I rarely play this one and can use the cash. No trades. $1050 shipped to the conus.

I was on the wait list for a few years and had hg Thor epoxy the fretboard- it is amazing! Most of its life I used to jazz flats and recently put on roto 66’s. I also added Nordstrand’s nj4se pickups and the Babicz bridge.

This is a player and has many cosmetic flaws on the body. I tried to capture them in the pics. The neck plate has a corner that is bent. The tuners were shaved down from clovers to lollipops. The plate with the knobs and pickup jacks is slightly loose.

Comes with a plush tweed G&G hard shell case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    boodakon and pbass888 like this.
  2. tlvernon

Jan 26, 2011
    Columbus OH
    Reasonable offers?

3. tlvernon

Jan 26, 2011
    Columbus OH
    Mega price drop
    $1050–>$750

4. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    That's a nice bass, but I think you'd have a better time selling it if you spent a few bucks and replaced the pickguard. Just my two cents. GLWTS!

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Seller has to be taking a bath at $750, this is a steal already. I need a bass like I need a hole in my head but there is a good chance I would be pulling the trigger if it weren't for the rosewood hassles.

You can edit the listing price under the advanced fields. You may get more traffic with the updated price.

6. tlvernon

Jan 26, 2011
    Columbus OH
    It’s a white pick guard.
    I got reflective letter stickers from a hardware store. I think it looks cool under lights. Not sure if they easily peel off. Definitely can be undone easily.
    Thanks for the interest.

7. tlvernon

Jan 26, 2011
    Columbus OH
    What do you mean by “rosewood hassles?”

8. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Rosewood has been restricted by CITES. You need to fill out paperwork if you want to export the bass out of the United States. There is a lot of information on TB about the subject.

I apologize for any unwanted clutter in your thread. Just PM me, I will delete my posts if asked.