Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless Fender (last one, i promise)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by relman, Jul 2, 2001.

1. Ok, what kind of coating do Fretless MIM Fenders have on the fretboard? How does it work with roundwound or flatwound strings, as i have only seen them with Tapewounds?

2. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    None! Look elsewhere for a fretless unless you're not serious, or a MIM is all you can afford...
    Here's a real fretless Fender:
    [​IMG]

3. really?
    how about yamaha?
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    The board is to my knowledge uncoated rosewood i could be wrong though. For the money these are great basses [i'm partial though]. I've tried a few that had flats & tapes, i like em. i know this probably doesn't help much. thats all

5. There's nothing wrong with MIM Fenders, unless of course you don't like them. I play a fretless Yamaha RBX260F. I love it, I have TI Jazz Flats on them, overall very smooth sound.

6. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    Bah, Fretless MIM Fenders are fine. I play one. True, though, the fingerboards are uncoated. I'd suggest sticking to flats or tapes (never played tapes, but flats sound just fine), unless you don't mind replacing your neck every month or getting someone to coat your fingerboard for you.