1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fretless FrankenJazz with custom built neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AlmightyPancake, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hate to do this, but I'm paying the other half of my custom bass' payment in about a month, and I'm a bit starved for cash as it is.

Up on the block now is a GORGEOUS bass. This was originally an SX fretless bass. I used it while recording with my band and liked the sound so much I decided to fix it up and keep it. Here are the changes I made:

Bought high-quality gold hardware.
    Upgraded the pots, wires, and jack.
    Gold pickguard, backing plate, control cover, knobs, and screws.
    Custom-made JCbasses fretless neck--Birdseye and Maple.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It sounds great, even without upgraded pickups, and plays beautifully. I currently have it at fairly high action, but that's easily adjusted.

Asking for $425 SHIPPED con. U.S. All of the upgrades took me to around 900, and the bass was 150 new, so that's quite the asking price; however, feel free to make me other offers. I will make sure the bass gets polished and all the hardware doublechecked before I ship it anywhere.

There is one minor imperfection--a tiny ding in the back of the headstock that happened during shipping. I'll snap a pic of it if I can. PM preferred!

2. Whoops. Meant 425 shipped.

Who's idea was it to put the 4 and 5 keys next to each other?

3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

Sad to see you've got to sell this. How long ago did you get it? (This is Low_End_Communications from MF, by the way). The neck is gorgeous.

4. About a month and a half ago now. I wouldn't be even considering selling it if my truck hadn't just died right when I need it the most--and right before I have to buy textbooks.

5. Bump for a good looking, great-playing bass.

6. One and only price drop--400 shipped. I'm hoping for either a fast sale, or it's no sale. I just need to get through a tight spot right now.

7. Last day this is up, last price drop.

$375

8. Still in a bit of a financial rut, gonna keep this available for a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.