Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fretless+fretted into the same pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderx55, May 29, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i'm ordering a fretless neck from warmoth to go on my old MIM jbass with upgraded pups cause its collecting dust and i wanted to give it purpose. Is there a pedal/eq that i can plug both basses into and then into my pedalboard and switch between them? oh wait, that's a line selector. Ok so i have two choices on musiciansfriend... and once again Boss solves my problem is this what i need? any other suggestions? am i making this too complicated?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This'll be the second time tonight I recommended this:

[​IMG]

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i saw that! it's a little pricey for me right now, and i thought the boss had a little more to offer for the money (i'm a sucker for versatility). plus i'm not really looking for too much in the way of eq, like its a little overkill. thoughtS?

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I would like to get a Bassbone someday, when I have the money.

For now, I am using a Morley A/B/Y switch that I got at a garage sale for $5.

If you can't afford the Bassbone for now, you might check out an A/B or A/B/Y box from Loooper. True bypass, and superb construction. My old Morley is huge, and I am thinking of getting a mini A/B/Y from Loooper, to save some space.

www.loooper.com

Micro A/B
    [​IMG]

A/B
    [​IMG]

A/B/Y
    [​IMG]

Dave Boggs is a good guy, and he builds the box to your order. You pick finish type, color, LED colors, and he can do any options that you want. I already have a custom 2 loooper that I bought from him several months ago, with an extra input on one of the effects loops and a blend knob, so that I can blend wet/dry signal when I use distortion.

5. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    which one would i use to toggle the 2 basses?

6. He can do you one which is two inputs into one output, which is what you will probably be needing.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's how I had mine built, so I could switch between fretless and fretted in the same song without unplugging anything. I also had volume pots added to each input so I could keep the volume on my fretted down a little so it'd be equal to the passive volume of the fretless.
    [​IMG]

Mine has lots of extras and such, but you can get an A/B box with two inputs for around $40.

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

For a limited budget I will recommend the boss ls-2.
    It's always useful to have on a pedal board.

9. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i love this website so much