1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fretless+fretted into the same pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderx55, May 29, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i'm ordering a fretless neck from warmoth to go on my old MIM jbass with upgraded pups cause its collecting dust and i wanted to give it purpose. Is there a pedal/eq that i can plug both basses into and then into my pedalboard and switch between them? oh wait, that's a line selector. Ok so i have two choices on musiciansfriend... and once again Boss solves my problem is this what i need? any other suggestions? am i making this too complicated?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This'll be the second time tonight I recommended this:

[​IMG]

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i saw that! it's a little pricey for me right now, and i thought the boss had a little more to offer for the money (i'm a sucker for versatility). plus i'm not really looking for too much in the way of eq, like its a little overkill. thoughtS?

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I would like to get a Bassbone someday, when I have the money.

For now, I am using a Morley A/B/Y switch that I got at a garage sale for $5.

If you can't afford the Bassbone for now, you might check out an A/B or A/B/Y box from Loooper. True bypass, and superb construction. My old Morley is huge, and I am thinking of getting a mini A/B/Y from Loooper, to save some space.

www.loooper.com

Micro A/B
    [​IMG]

A/B
    [​IMG]

A/B/Y
    [​IMG]

Dave Boggs is a good guy, and he builds the box to your order. You pick finish type, color, LED colors, and he can do any options that you want. I already have a custom 2 loooper that I bought from him several months ago, with an extra input on one of the effects loops and a blend knob, so that I can blend wet/dry signal when I use distortion.

5. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    which one would i use to toggle the 2 basses?

6. He can do you one which is two inputs into one output, which is what you will probably be needing.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's how I had mine built, so I could switch between fretless and fretted in the same song without unplugging anything. I also had volume pots added to each input so I could keep the volume on my fretted down a little so it'd be equal to the passive volume of the fretless.
    [​IMG]

Mine has lots of extras and such, but you can get an A/B box with two inputs for around $40.

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

For a limited budget I will recommend the boss ls-2.
    It's always useful to have on a pedal board.

9. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    i love this website so much