1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fretless J bass w/DiMarzios priced to move...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vic, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    SOLD!

Hey I got this a while back hoping to use it to get back into fretless, but I need to get something with lines.

It's got a mexi fender J body, DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups, Schaller roller bridge (Gibson branded), Fender USA tuners, Dunlop dual mode straploks, and a REALLY NICE warmoth neck with a rosewood board. Comes with no gig bag or case.

The body has obviously seen some wear, but the neck is in great shape. Plays great and is very straight.

This is a really nice player's fretless.

$325 SHIPPED/48!!! The parts alone are worth more than that. :)

Pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Bump, Easy to play, sounds great! Used it for one show and was completely happy. Great guy as well.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Vic is an awesome guy to deal with. Bought an amp off of him, and it is great.

This bass is really awesome looking, and if I was more of a fretless player, I'd have to sell my cats, or my dog.

4. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    PM'd!

5. Oh GOD I WANT IT!!! Someone buy this quick before I spend money I don't have!!!!!!!!!!! :bawl:

Great bass Vic!!!! Bump.

6. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    Wow, I like this.

7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    It can be yours, for a paltry sum! :)

8. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Hey, a couple folks asked about how I'd be shipping this since it comes with no case. I bought it not too long ago and it was VERY well packed, disassembled. I will be shipping it the same way, AND insuring, and I always stand behind by my sales in guaranteeing it gets to you exactly as it is when shipped, so you have no risk. :)

9. My brain is melting trying to figure out how I can buy this bass!!! AGGGHHHH!!!! Someone please buy it before I have an aneurism!!!! :eek:

10. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Hey man, why are you doing this to yourself?
    Get the bass. come on, finish with that already. Let us continue with our lives here.
    ;)

11. I'm working on it :D Trying to raise $325 on short notice can be difficult sometimes!!! :(

12. michael harwin

michael harwin

Feb 22, 2008
    I may be interested. Is the neck straight and intonation set? Are there actives in it?

13. vintageampeg

vintageampeg

Feb 2, 2005
    PM'd! I'll take it!!

14. vintageampeg

vintageampeg

Feb 2, 2005
    Paypal sent!

Don't worry, I'll keep it in the family. If this bass doesn't work out for me, I'll post it here at the same price.

15. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    That second picture in the origninal thread reminded me of the Warmoth fretless neck I have, and something I believe is common to their necks. Might I suggest to whoever is the lucky new owner that they consider lightly sanding the treble-side edge of the fretboard, to round it off a bit? It shouldn't take much at all (400, 600 grit) but might just make it a lot more playable.

16. michael harwin

michael harwin

Feb 22, 2008
    may be interested. Give me a call 520-624-3500 or shoot back a number I can get you at

17. Please give her a good home!!!!!!!!!!! :bawl: She's a sweet piece of bass! :bassist:

18. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Good eyes... yeah, they apparently don't round the edges much, so a little bit of player wear and you can sorta' see it on the edge. However, you don't feel it when you play, so I just left it alone.

19. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    SOLD! :)

I knew this would happen... a few serious percolators and then a few real buyers at the same time, but we have a winner!

I hope you really dig the bass. I've already bought its replacment with the lines. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.