1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade Fretless jazz bass. Block/bound neck. Gold hardware. Unique

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by eubassix, Nov 3, 2017.

1. eubassix

eubassix Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Teesside, UK
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    EUR
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    My Location:
    United Kingdom
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    • United States
    Specs:- Squier agathis body, walnut satin finish - All gold, Wilkinson hardware (new) - 2 Nordstrand Big Splits pickups. - Maple neck with rosewood fretboard, blocks and binding. Originally fretted; good defret job. Bass is in good condition (some superficial scratches to the body) and neck, truss rod etc. MVC-008S.JPG MVC-040S.JPG MVC-011S.JPG MVC-017S.JPG MVC-014S.JPG MVC-016S.JPG MVC-020S.JPG MVC-022S.JPG fine. I've made a number of changes, fitted new strings, completed a set-up etc. and the bass is somewhat transformed. Hardware was 'originally' a mix of chrome/black and there were a few cosmetic issues (photos available): screw holes from previous owner fitting a pickguard at one time and a missing battery compartment cover (body presumably from an active bass). I've countersunk the holes and fitted 'flush' gold p/guard screws (I could also include either a gold or wooden thumb-rest which might be shown n the photos - but I havent drilled for the additional screw). The broken battery compartment (rear) has been replaced with a new/complete (and wired - so it could be 'activated' - the wire channel is there to the bell-plate) and original Gotoh battery box. Fender 70's logo added. New strings are D'Addario half-rounds (ENR70's 40-95) which provide and exceptional FL sound and smoother yet brighter feel. comes with a generic, simple gig-bag. (Hard case could be available; additionally as per the thumb-rest, and the black/F VVT knobs could be replaced with gold).