1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fretless L-2500 Tribute?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave64o, Sep 12, 2008.

1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I was looking at the G&L web site and I didn't see anything in the Tribute L-2500 descriptions that mentioned whether or not they were available fretless. From searching here it seems like most of the options are USA model only, which makes sense in order for them to keep the prices down on that line. But I wasn't able to find anything that said the fretless fingerboard is one of those options or that it's also available on the Tributes.

Thanks.

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Could always defret one.

3. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Did a little more searching and I guess I needed to use the right combination of spaces and hyphens to find the answer. This TB thread implies they're not available fretless and describes a professional defret.

It looks like it was pretty well done and I guess I might be able to buy a used Tribute and have this done for about the cost of a new Tribute. Might be an interesting way to go about it.

I guess the other option would be to wait a while and hope an interesting (to me) used USA fretless pops up in the classifieds.

4. funkythumb

funkythumb Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    There's a nice, brand new, USA L2500 fretless on ebay with lined ebony board.
    It's a Best Offer with a buy it now for around a thousand.
    I think you could walk away with it for about $900 which would be a great deal.