Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless neck for an EB stingray?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JJd2sc, Feb 29, 2004.

1. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    How possible would it be to get a fretless neck for my 89 ray? I was thinking getting one from warmoth, or would it be possible to get one from EB? How would it sound?

edit : checked warmoth, they cant make necks for EB, so that rules that out... What else can I do?

2. ogwa

ogwa

Jan 11, 2003
    Status Graphite in the UK make replacement Stingray necks, in both 4 & 5 string & fretless versions.

I think they are about £250 over here.
    http://www.status-graphite.com/

I dunno if modulus/moses do the same sort of thing at all.

Alternatively you could try fishing around used guitar shops, as I have seen some that have bins full of necks taken off various busted guitars.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Moses does them too, don't know about Modulus. Doubt it.

[​IMG]

Edit: The Moses is about $40 cheaper, but I'd much rather buy the Status for the matching headstock shape.

4. mike mcd

mike mcd

Dec 11, 2002
    The Moses is actually much cheaper, you can get it for around $250 from MF. The Status will run you about twice that with shipping.

I want to get a Moses fretted neck to replace my fretless Stingray neck, but the Moses has a cantilevered fretboard extension to make it 24 frets, which I think(I could be wrong, anyone have one?)will interfere with my intentions of making this my slapper.