Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless Neck Trade Anyone???

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by that one guy, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Looking to trade a straight and true lined fretless jazz bass neck for an equivalent unlined fretless jazz neck. Includes tuners, nut, and string tree. 21 fret markers.

Trades only – Not for sale.

Thanks!

2. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    Hey, you still have your fretless neck? And is it a U.S. made piece? Mine's a U.S. ('99), and I'd want to know (so'd you) that it'd be a proper fit; don't know if that's an issue, though.
    Rog.

3. hi thwackless,

it will fit perfectly, but it is not a fender neck. i believe it's a warmouth or similar with a blank headstock.

4. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    One,
    Well, if it's a Warmouth, I could be interested. I had a nice experience with one of those a few years ago. If it is, it should have the Warmouth "turtle" logo on the heel of the neck where it joins to the body.

You only have a neck to trade, I take it? Would be fun not to break up the Fender neck from it's body. Call me a sap...but that's not everything. I do dig the p'ups on my Jazz.

I'm finishing up a short-scale bass, and if it works, and if that neck is a Warmouth, we'll talk. Cool?
    Rog.

P.S., you can see a pic of the neck, but not up close, at:
    Well, you can see it's a neck!

5. hey thwack,

there is no markings at all anywhere on my neck. there are three reasons that i believe it's a warmouth....the overhanging fretboard at the body end for that 21 extra fret that fenders don't have, the truss rod adjusts at the body end, and the overall feel and build quality are very nice and on par with warouths i've had in the past.

i can take pics and send them to you if you're still interested.

by the way, the link you posted was a pic of a fretted neck...

6. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    I have made a mistake: I misread your post, and thought you wanted a fretted neck. Sorry!
    Have you spoken with Subway guitars in CA? They might give you somethhing toward a trade, and they deal in Warmouth.
    Allright, sorry to have wasted your time.
    Rog.:rolleyes: