Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fretless neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bass_giant, Apr 4, 2002.

1. bass_giant

bass_giant

Jul 31, 2000
    Hong Kong
    :confused:

Hi, everyone, I have a warwick fortress one fretless,
    but it's neck is just too straight....the first 3 fret's note was rotally dead...

I've try to rotate the truss rod counter-clockwise to relax the neck, but round by round, the neck just hasn't relax anymore...

Who can help me to solve it ? or give me any suggestion...thanx !

2. You are using some confusing language here. "Too straight" means exactly what? What do you mean the first 3 frets are totally dead?

If your truss rod nut rotates "round by round" you likely have a big problem with the truss rod. If you've "relaxed" the truss rod completely then that's it - There's no more left to adjust.

It definitely sounds like you aren't very experienced with this type of setup. I would advise that, if you are serious about your playing, you will take your instrument to a professional for an assessment and setup. Don't attempt to make this work if you don't have a COMPLETE understanding of the process. You'll do more harm than good.