SOLD Fretless Peavey B-Quad Bass (Back On The Market)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Balance, Feb 22, 2019.

1. The Balance

The Balance

Feb 10, 2015
    Price:
    $1300
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Fretless Peavey B-Quad Bass (Gorgeous Transparent Blue Finish)

Blue B Quad fretless body.JPG B Quad blue fretless sn.jpg B Quad blue fretless full rear.JPG B Quad blue fretless body shot.JPG B quad blue fretless full front.JPG

Everything works. Electronics are original and fully functioning. And it is a fretless. You can pan the strings across the spectrum, engage the piezos in the bridge, and enjoy the glorious tone variations of the magnetic pickups. And the graphite neck is super-fast.

The fretless version is very rare in general, and even more rare is to find a B-Quad that is fully functional and has not had the electronics replaced..... And the blue finish is gorgeous.

Peavey B-Quad 4 bass. This was Peavey's top of the line bass in the early '90's, and was co-designed by Brian Bromberg.

Graphite neck

18 volt electronic preamp that has both magnetic and piezo pickups which can be used independently or mixed

The VFL Humbucking pickups can be adjusted to run in stereo mode with separate dual outputs and each string can be panned to one or the other stereo outputs for unique effects.

Includes original case.

I forgot to mention you can string the bass up as normal; or as tenor bass; or as a piccolo bass; or you can use bronze strings because of the piezos... A very versatile bass.

As noted above, a B-Quad fretless is very rare in general, and even more rare is to find a B-Quad that is FULLY FUNCTIONAL and has not had the electronics replaced..... And the blue finish is gorgeous.

$1300

STRAP NOT INCLUDED

Buyer pays shipping.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. naetog

naetog Supporting Member

May 26, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Yeah, that's a nice one... Dang...

3. The Balance

The Balance

Feb 10, 2015
    Thanks. I forgot to mention you can string the bass up as normal; or as tenor bass; or as a piccolo bass; or you can use bronze strings because of the piezos... A very versatile bass.

4. I can't imagine how stunning it sounds

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Very cool.

6. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    Pm’d

7. The Balance

The Balance

Feb 10, 2015
    Hello All,

I think I want to keep this one. It took years to find... I guess it is a case of seller's remorse caught early. I will repost if something changes. Thanks for your interest.

8. The Balance

The Balance

Feb 10, 2015
    I decided to put this fine fretless back on the market. Make me a reasonable offer and let's do a deal today. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  9. Lance Bunyon

Lance Bunyon

Jul 17, 2018
    Thank God it's not a 5. Breathtaking!

10. The Balance

The Balance

Feb 10, 2015
    She's back on the market.

11. Artto

Artto

Oct 3, 2018
    Somebody buy this!

You won't find anything equivalent at 2 or 3x the price, maybe any price. The 1994 MSRP was $1999.99.

I own five of these, 4 & 5 string, fretted and fretless. Still looking for one in the natural finish, preferably 5 string fretted.

These are fabulous instruments. The most sensitive and tactile instrument I've ever played. You can make music just blowing on the strings.

As mentioned, you can use pretty much any kind of strings because of the piezo saddle pickups, nylon, cat-gut, whatever.

The neck is so stable you don't have to worry about the action changing with different string type or gauges, or weather conditions. I had some of mine in storage for 10 years. When I took them out they were still in tune!

Believe me, Mr. The Balance will soon regret selling this. :woot:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    The Balance likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021