Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fretless rickenbacker?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madfiddler, May 9, 2005.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I have seen THAT while browsing around, and I've played a fretless rick before. It was actually my first experience with a rick, had flatwounds and everything. It was a great 15 minutes I spent playing around with it. Unforunately, it seems that, at least for the forseeable future, it will be out of my reach.

2. out of your reach?.....seems pretty cheap to me, thats why I was wondering about what people's impressions of this were

it comes in at just over 100 GBP, whereas a typical 4000 series I would expect to be at least 500 GBP from what else I've seen around....

3. pepsican

pepsican

Oct 23, 2004
    iowa
    I'm sure that rick will go for well over $1000 USD. If you can afford it, go for it. Rick fretlesses are very nice, and that is a fine example of one.

4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    FYI, this is not a "Tuxedo" model, but rather a standard white with black trim 4001.

The "Tuxedo" has a white fretboard, not rosewood. Plus the "Tuxedo" was only available in very limited quantities as a 4003 model, not 4001.

Just the same, it's a very nice bass if you're into this color combination.

TD

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep. Was going to point that out. Tuxedo's are much more valuable and sought after.

I believe they call this one a Frickenbacker ;)

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    !!!! That's a sweet bass! I'm saving all the pictures on that page to my HD to drool over.

7. damn thats a nice lookin bass